Tac

cleaning optics

I was wondering what everyone uses to clean their optics? Is it harmful to use zeiss alcohol cleaning wipes?

I'm always afraid to mess them up so after the season I send them into Swarovski

Same here. I hate touching my lenses. I try not to mess with them to much in the field but I have used the Zeiss wipes after using canned air to blow them off.

When I'm home I put them under the sink faucet to wash any dust or mud off as much as possible

• Like 2

i use lens wipes a lot. they work great. just make sure to clean all the dust off before you use them

• Like 1

I use a soft brush to get rid of any loose debris, then a q tip dipped in water for anything stubborn like fingerprints that the brush can't handle. Finish it off with the softest lens cloth I can find.

Definitely have to remove the loose stuff before using the cloth to avoid scratching the lens.

A deep breath and my t shirt.

That reminds me, I need some warranty work on my lens coatings...

No sir. Not yet anyways, but there's time. I'm trying to say yes to more things.

• Like 1

I very seldom clean mine, almost never in the field. An ounce of prevention.......

It take a ton of crap to affect them. At home I have a camera cleaning kit with fluid spray and lint free lens paper.

I very seldom clean mine, almost never in the field. An ounce of prevention.......

It take a ton of crap to affect them. At home I have a camera cleaning kit with fluid spray and lint free lens paper.

really? mine get dusty or some times water spots on them often when i have them out