218buck

Do apps need to go in mail today

Should these go in mail today to be there on Monday?

I'd check with AZGFD on this but I think the answer might depend on where you live. If you mail it today (from the Phx. metro area at least) it will be delivered on Saturday (probably through a mail drop). I've done that before thinking if it got there on Saturday they'll just start opening mail and issuing tags first thing on Monday but I was rejected.

From memory, they informed me that the apps needed to be received in Monday's mail to be included in the draw. That would mean (again, if you live in the Phx. metro area) you should make sure USPS picks up the app on Saturday. This didn't make sense to me because the AZGFD would basically be saying "no" to money but maybe they were trying to be fair and avoid being inundated with mail before they start issuing left-over tags. Check it out. Let us know what you find out.

Do it on Friday ... Several years Back I drove to the Location to drop mine off , thinking I would beat the mail... since the rules stated that apps "could not be received by G&F before that Monday" ... Well I beat the mail and the lady told me, that my app would be thrown in with the rest they were picking up that morning at the PO box. She said in the future just mail it on Friday since they do not do a pickup after noon on Fridays nor on Saturday's and it would be in the pick up on Monday morning...

What str8 said. They are not open on saturdays so even if it gets to them they'll receive it on monday. Thats they way i understood

Never understood why it wasn't just must be received on or before Monday. Would it be that hard to dump them in a basket and then when the mail comes Monday start pulling envelopes?

Well I screwed up and slept all day cause of late work this am. Just got app dropped off now at post office 19 ave and Union Hills. Hope i get a tag. I have Family that works main post office and sai they were doing away with 3rd shift, thus alot of over nite mail won't happen any more. So some folks in outer areas it might not get there till Monday....................BOB!

Well I screwed up and slept all day cause of late work this am. Just got app dropped off now at post office 19 ave and Union Hills. Hope i get a tag. I have Family that works main post office and sai they were doing away with 3rd shift, thus alot of over nite mail won't happen any more. So some folks in outer areas it might not get there till Monday....................BOB!

Monday is when it's supposed to get there so they're doing it right.

Do you think I'm ok, I put in for 2 units that had alot of tags.?............................BOB!

Any Galiuro hunters out there? I'm sitting this one out with BP status. Would love an update.

Any Galiuro hunters out there? I'm sitting this one out with BP status. Would love an update.

Put my son in for a left over in 32..and filled up all 5 choices for a left over.

I would like to return to the Gailiuro again