Sign in to follow this  
rageinthesage

Maven optics

I know this is a relatively new company and I have noticed a few guys on here have these. I'm thinking about giving them a shot, the reviews all seem positive.

Their website is pretty cool as well. Here are the binos I designed. I may put the order in come Monday. What do you guys think?

post-2501-0-68483100-1469225687_thumb.png

I saw these today, please Nick let me know what you think of them and what they are comparable to.

Just ordered these. The outdoorsman stud will mount backwards on the front hinge just like the swaro el's, which was important for me. I'll see if I can do a video review when I get them in a few weeks.

post-2501-0-41889100-1469470911.png

• Like 3

I've been eyeballing these for a couple of weeks, I thought about doing the demo thing they have going and try them out against swaro's. I'd like to hear your feedback on what you think.

Personally, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a newish,unknown brand, id buy used swaros/leicas.

If they are not up to my standards, I guess my wife will have a new set of binos...

• Like 1

A coworker demo'd a set of 8X30 and 10X30's. I checked them out. Seemed to be very well made, the images were crisp, I did not

get to use them extensively. IMO, you should do the demo and test them against the "big 3". If they measure up consider a

purchase. Bear in mind they will likely not do well in the resale market as the brand does not have a reputation as of yet.

• Like 1

I like them and am all about giving new companies a chance. I have been looking at ordering some 10x42's and think I will go with these guys.

I think these guys know what they are doing based on the reading I have done. They came out of Brunton and started their own company so they could offer customizing. My guess would be the glass would be spec'd close similar to Brunton.

They look fantastic!

They showed up, now if I can only make it home! Been in Tucson for work all week.

I'll try to get a review typed up or even a video review if I can.

post-2501-0-22546300-1470795673_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Just found out from wifey that Maven sent me a Manfrotto tripod and fluid head with my binos. $320 value. I haven't even seen my binos yet and they already have me sold. I'll be home tomorrow.

I was wondering why the box was so big...

• Like 3

All I can say is WOW!! I am blown away by these! Here are a few quick pix with the binos mounted on the new tripod they sent me. The tripod adapter is just a temporary cheap one till I can get the outdoorsman stud.

I will post a lot more pix and full review for those who may be interested and I will also have them side by side with some 15× swaro neu's.

post-2501-0-15749000-1470864042_thumb.jpg

post-2501-0-99503100-1470864120_thumb.jpg

• Like 2