Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Unit 9 help

Hey guys, blatant e-scouting request for unit 9 speedgoats, lol. What can I say, when you get up there in points you put in for the units known for big antelope even if they aren't close to home. Anyway any suggestions for this area would be much appreciated. I'm mostly looking for what areas to avoid in terms of congestion and having to worry about getting into a footrace every time I see a nice antelope. From my research so far, and what I'm used to close to home I'm thinking about the dog knobs up into the slightly more vegetated areas. I will be planning some scouting trips between now and then but having never been in that unit in my life, some starting points would be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, blatant e-scouting request for unit 9 speedgoats, lol. What can I say, when you get up there in points you put in for the units known for big antelope even if they aren't close to home. Anyway any suggestions for this area would be much appreciated. I'm mostly looking for what areas to avoid in terms of congestion and having to worry about getting into a footrace every time I see a nice antelope. From my research so far, and what I'm used to close to home I'm thinking about the dog knobs up into the slightly more vegetated areas. I will be planning some scouting trips between now and then but having never been in that unit in my life, some starting points would be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Sir Royal ???

Your scouting trips will tell you alot. Good starting point is red butte and go from there. You can spend alot of time on the west close to the 10 border and work the country all the way up to the rez line. You'll glass up quite a few goats there alone. Pm if you want.

Thanks in advance.

Sir Royal ???
+1 talk to Sir Royal

where's the antelope pics - ? all i saw was a dog a horse some sheds and shacks ?

lol right unit wrong thread.

Here's one from your thread.

Here is a big unit 9 buck I found a couple days ago.

post-669-0-98719600-1470887765_thumb.jpgpost-669-0-19257800-1470887914_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Not many tags for that hunt so worrying about the footrace might not be an issue. My buddy has the same tag. The big bucks are the smart bucks and tend to congregate close to the private property. It is a big unit with lots of good country. I would be looking at the fringes of that unit. In doing so you will likely avoid some of the other hunters.