Sign in to follow this  
40-year-AZ-hunter

11M Elk a Nuisance

JustinB, thank you for your reply, but I'm glad I don't rely on you to do my homework. I hate to fail!

As Jim asks " When did bows become considered firearms?"

Page 112 of the 2016-2017 Arizona Hunting Regulations has definitions. It has the following

“Firearm” means any loaded or unloaded handgun, pistol,
revolver, rifle, shotgun, or other weapon that will
discharge, is designed to discharge, or may readily be
converted to discharge a projectile by the action of an
explosion caused by the burning of smokeless powder,
black powder, or black powder substitute."

Perhaps your bow is designed to discharge a projectile via an explosion of powder. Most are not!

Perhaps you can find the statute or regulation that prohibits hunting (as opposed to discharge of a firearm) outside city limits within ANY distance of an occupied structure. I can not.

https://www.azgfd.com/PortalImages/files/regs/mainregs.pdf

The only places the restrictions you speak of are listed in the game reg's. The commission had to list certain area's not allowed to be bow hunted. They have listed and made the ares in certain communities off limits to bow hunting because humans are not good at regulating them selves.

They did not make discharging a bow illegal they just made ares within 1/4 of certain housing areas off limits to deer and antelope hunting. If you read the comments sections under deer #46 is a good example.

They did not make discharging a bow illegal they just made ares within 1/4 of certain housing areas off limits to deer and antelope hunting. If you read the comments sections under deer #46 is a good example.

Great clarification Jim. Thank you.

Wow!  It must be easy to harvest elk steaks in ones yard. All I get out of mine is vegetables. But I have harvested some really nice big bulls that could be seen from someone's yard .The one thing that is good about that is, No caring for many miles(at 82 -it would be impossible): guess that I could rent a mule to get the job done. 11 M has many problems & advantages, but for a Senior- like me the advantage are +.  What do you think i should do harvest a nice bull there this Sept? I have the early hunt. I shot a huge bull (Schultz pass area). It was the biggest LIVE bull that I have ever seen in 50 yrs. hunting. 400 + My way of hunting is  -1 person(only) chasing 1 animal.  I believe that this is the only-(fair chase) For me to have pride in my successes., Thank you!      Photos- 1-just prior to my release,-     2 -His antlers-     3 - his son= my target - this Sept.

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_0480 (4).JPG

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

in the regulations- nothing in any about this cat. I was forced to retain a very expensive attorney. They took my hunting license for 5 years. (how could happen- had nothing to do with hunting.) Why did  they not take my Taxidermy license? Just guess what happened to the person that brought it to my shop.... So.. my point of view is ** They do what ever want to, when they want to, Advise- walk softly, & be prepared- in advance!  I still - have not seen where mounting a Mar-gay is ILLEGAL !  And that is the only Mar-gay Cat that I have ever heard of. 

How about you?

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, SEEKER said:

in the regulations- nothing in any about this cat. I was forced to retain a very expensive attorney. They took my hunting license for 5 years. (how could happen- had nothing to do with hunting.) Why did  they not take my Taxidermy license? Just guess what happened to the person that brought it to my shop.... So.. my point of view is ** They do what ever want to, when they want to, Advise- walk softly, & be prepared- in advance!  I still - have not seen where mounting a Mar-gay is ILLEGAL !  And that is the only Mar-gay Cat that I have ever heard of. 

How about you?

What country was this Mar-gay taken in?

• Like 1

The same place that I found the one in the 1st picture. (Johnson Tank)

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

What country was this Mar-gay taken in?     The answer===  Mexico. I have never heard of Mar-gay cat in Arizona.

11 hours ago, SEEKER said:

How about you?

SEEKER,

What cat are you referring to?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SEEKER said:

The same place that I found the one in the 1st picture. (Johnson Tank)

It is fully protected over most of its range. Hunting and trade are prohibited in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, French Guiana, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela. In Ecuador, Guyana and El Salvador it is not legally protected.

• Like 1

Seeker, Did you take that video before you shot it? Would it be possible to post a picture of the bull the day you shot it?

• Like 2

On 7/14/2019 at 11:48 AM, azhuntnut said:

Seeker, Did you take that video before you shot it? Would it be possible to post a picture of the bull the day you shot it? ***** How could I take a live video-AFTER  I SHOT IT? I took no live video! Just the photos.They are posted.

On 7/14/2019 at 8:09 AM, PRDATR said:

SEEKER,

What cat are you referring to?

Mexican-- Mar-gay cat.      (Small spotted - looks like a big house cat. Color some what like an Ocelot.)

I’m so lost with this post?  Is it about the big bull?  A video of the big bull(alive or dead) or is it about a marginally gay cat?   Wtf is going on here?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1