Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Backpacking Holster Question

Guest akaspecials

How do you guys carry handguns while carrying a loaded backpack? I got tired of not having access when it is in my pack so I bought a pouch holster. It attaches to my hip belt (Eberlestock Battleship) but it shakes and rattles more than I like. I've also tried leg holsters and they chafed. Any suggestions?

I have forced it onto my hip belt for outdoorsmans pack but still have not found a good way to carry while backpacking.

I just carry mine in my holster on my belt. I just make sure I put the hip belt on the inside of the gun.

I'm right handed but will also carry on my left side at times so that my rifle doesn't rub on my handgun.

With all that weight, pistol, pack pushing on my belt etc I wear suspenders so that my pants stay up and don't Wal around sagging looking like a thug!

• Like 4

I use a paddle holster and clip it right to my hip belt on the pack (outdoorsman) not sure if it would work with other pack designs

My carry is the same as pwrguy; holster attached to pack hip belt. I carry left side so as not to interfere with a rifle on my right. While I agree with firstcoues about having the weapon attached to me, this is the best compromise I have come up with. Drop carry doesn't work for me as I don't like the strap around my thigh. Chest carry is out since my bino's are there already. I am open to other ideas.

• Like 1

I, personally don't like having my gun attached to anything else but my person.

Yup, that's my thought exactly. If you had to ditch your pack for whatever reason, guess what, no pistol.

I 2nd the Diamond D, made in Alaska. I use one for a 454 Casull and a 45 auto. Both holsters work extremely well with a backpack and even under my badlands bino harness.

They are leather, very durable and a few options when you order one. Like ammo holders and configuration.

I use a paddle holster and clip it right to my hip belt on the pack (outdoorsman) not sure if it would work with other pack designs

Pic please!

Blackhawk Serpa attached with their molle attachment fits snug on my Kifaru waistbelt. Pretty slick set up, and holds the gun nice and secure while still offering quick access.