Sign in to follow this  
azruger

Dove hunting

Maybe next year I'll take my daughter out school on the opener haha :lol: . This is going to be my first time trying my hand at dove hunting. Would hate to take her out and be a disappointment haha. Friday evening might be the soonest I can head out. All depends on work. Hopefully it works out! Best of luck to ya!

Boys are off to college, and daughter doesn't want to shoot doves (Though she does have a elk tag this year... ;) ).

That being said, when the boys were still at home they showed-up late to school EVERY Sept. 1st! :P

S.

:)

• Like 2

Taking the boy out this weekend.

I was going to,but my son is failing 2 classes so he doesn't get to miss any school until his grades are up. Sucks!

• Like 2

I never got pulled out for dove, that was saved for big game! Our school had deer day (first day of the early hunt) and a lot of teachers hunted so they'd give your homework early if the knew you had a hunt. But dove was always a before and after school thing. Back then it wasn't an all day hunt. Only morning til noon then went all day for the late season.

• Like 1

As long as they keep the grades up and remain on honor roll I have no problem with them being absent, my daughter is a top tier athlete, and plays on one of the best teams in the state a scholarship is almost garanteed at this point and she's only 13, she misses a lot of school to travel with her team, and the school is totally ok with it so far. Next year she goes to high school so we will see.

• Like 1

We get $100 per kid if they have no absence by Xmas. If they have none the rest of the year they get another 100 at the end of the year. Its a charter school so it somehow has to do with the funding they get. I wanted to make it to the elk camp this year in 23 but don't want to pull 4 kids out and miss out on the free cabbage. So opening day they are gonna sit in home room then I'm showing up at 7:15 with the camper and we are outta there!

My son got sent home from school to change last year because he had dove blood on his shirt after he had cleaned his limit opening morning.

• Like 4