Sign in to follow this  
anthonyrmatthews

2016 Hunt Pics

There were 2 different bucks that I had found and decided to hunt opening morning with my son, best friend, and his son. I had found a location where I could see both bucks hopefully at first light. One of the bucks had really heavy mass in the bottom but wasn't what I thought was a "pretty buck". The other buck I had hiked 4 hours to get pictures of earlier in the summer and thought he was the best looking buck even though his cutters weren't too big. I had him nicknamed as Wowzer Buck.

As the season was getting closer I seen a lot of people that would drive by as I was glassing and see the mass buck which I nicknamed "Sunday Buck". I hadn't seen anybody else see the Wowzer Buck thou. I told my buddy that we would glass for Sunday buck at first light but then I would look for Wowzer. First light found vehicles and hunters all over the area the Sunday Buck was in so I immediately turned my attention to Wowzer Buck.

From the moment I drew the tag with 20 points I told myself that the biggest buck in the unit didn't matter to me. What mattered is that I take my son on the hunt with me and he have a great time. So when I seen all the other hunters surrounding the area of the Sunday Buck I knew that wasn't where I wanted my son. As soon as I looked for Wowzer I found him and took a little video before hiking about a mile to him. My son stayed on the hill to watch as I stalked in to shoot Wowzer. It worked out great because after I shot him my buddy brought my son down the hill to meet up with me.

I later found out that the Sunday Buck was killed by Pronghorn Guide Service and would like to say Congrats to them and their hunter on a beautiful buck! Also thank you to my best friend Ty and Alex on helping us with an amazing hunt but even better memories!post-1233-0-15300700-1472999836_thumb.jpegpost-1233-0-28128200-1473000081_thumb.jpegpost-1233-0-44676000-1473000150_thumb.jpegpost-1233-0-06673900-1473000346_thumb.jpegpost-1233-0-01262800-1473000711_thumb.jpegpost-1233-0-97815900-1473000771_thumb.jpegpost-1233-0-39553500-1473000805_thumb.pngpost-1233-0-35550800-1473001064_thumb.jpegpost-1233-0-78607700-1473001282_thumb.jpeg

• Like 15

Beautiful buck. And the best part was you actually experienced a hunt with your sons, and not a foot race for a "Book Buck". Well done

• Like 2

congrats

Man, absolutely beautiful buck - Huge congrats. Awesome having your son out there with you too. Great pix!

Nice buck congrats, Glad your boy was able to be apart of it as well.

So you were the guys with the nice tent and the nice view ! And a good last supper at Lilo's!

Great buck, Huge Congrats!!

We were kinda tucked in so I don't think many people seen our tent. We didn't eat at Lio's either. We had antelope for dinner. Boy is it delicious too!

Well done! I personally have an issue with large crowds.. even worse when it's a ton of hunters in one area.. It makes it a challenge for me to even enjoy my hunt with all the dang noise going around. Well done on dealing with the hunting pressure and finding a nice buck to shoot while taking your son for the experience. That is truly awesome! Again... well done and congrats on being a good role model for your son.