Non-Typical Solutions

Roughest Road Ever?

5BN off the mesa into the flats. Endless rocks and bouncing.

The back way up to Gunsight pass unit 34a.

I took Casey partway up there once ;)

Goddamn 2 wheel drive sport quads. That hurt.

• Like 2

Road to the top of the Quijotoa mtn on the TO rez. Pucker factor high.

I've seen that road and wondered how the heck someone could drive it.

Funny post!

I have been on more than a few mentioned here but every time I do I say "this HAS to be the worst road in AZ"

• Like 1

Road to the top of the Quijotoa mtn on the TO rez. Pucker factor high.

I've seen that road and wondered how the heck someone could drive it.

Its not terrible going up (slow, 4x4 low) but the way down is a little 'puckery'.

I agree on 214 rd it wasnt fun

• Like 1

Martinez Ranch rd

in 27?
Yes, but after you get past the ranch is where I remember it getting rough.
going down river it changes every year (depending on what the river does) the road from Dix creek to the lion shack and down rattle snake can be rough. Haven't been on it in years though.

Awesome thread. CouesWhiteTail.com rules.

I thought the road from Camp Wood to Baghdad sucked! Could just be because my wife was driving her 4WD vehicle, and too scared to drive it. And I had to keep switching driving mine, then driving hers all the way back to pavement and it took twice as long. I wonder in hindsight if it was really as bad or driving it twice in the same day just made it bad. LOL

Or the time I drove off a mountain thinking it was a road, and then had to drive back up the mountain pedal to the floor 3x before I made it back up. Winch or a cell signal would have been nice in that situation LOL.

Black River on the WMAT

I agree....first went down to the Black in 1985. Senior year, me and a buddy left Phoenix well before dark and finally pulled into camp around midnight. Slept outside and woke up to bear tracks right next to our sleeping bags. They might have been there, but we said it walked through while we were sleeping. Caught tons of smallies.

Martinez Ranch rd

in 27?
going down river it changes every year (depending on what the river does) the road from Dix creek to the lion shack and down rattle snake can be rough. Haven't been on it in years though.
Yup that's where I'm talking about. Going down the back side of Dix across over to Rattle snake.Used to have some really good hunting back in there. Still does I guess, you just have to get further in.

Martinez Ranch rd

in 27?
Yup that's where I'm talking about. Going down the back side of Dix across over to Rattle snake.Used to have some really good hunting back in there. Still does I guess, you just have to get further in.
what we call he!ls hill is off that road. Walked in there one year and killed 2 coues at the top. Both 4x4. Before scoring was a big thing but both were over 110" from what I remember. After the hunt while they were hanging in a tree for the ants and such to clean the skulls some dogs or something took both the skulls and we never found them.