Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Watch Where You Step - The Aftermath / How to Skin That Snake

When I kill one the head is separated from the body and then buried, don't want me or anyone else bit from a snake alive or dead.

I need a new hatband.

Next one viper it caught 2 22lr in the skin before the 3rd one popped his Mellon

god.. I've been very lucky to never come across a snake yet.. but I know the time will come eventually and I'm dreading it.. lol

• Like 1

Watching that gave me goosebumps. How the heck is it still moving like that without a head?

Just curious, what are "appropriate" reactions if you end up right next one? I've been very fortunate so far but I wouldn't even know what to do if I got on top of one. No sudden movements and a .45 to the snakes head... ? lol

I was thinking I could just keep my trekking pole infront of me and use that as a type of guard.

• Like 1

Found this one in the road the week before Labor Day.

The colors on that one is amazing. Almost gila monster looking, very cool.

• Like 1

Just curious, what are "appropriate" reactions if you end up right next one? I've been very fortunate so far but I wouldn't even know what to do if I got on top of one. No sudden movements and a .45 to the snakes head... ? lol

I was thinking I could just keep my trekking pole infront of me and use that as a type of guard.

I've come across quite a few snakes and I don't think they're as scary as people make them out to be. Most of the time they have let me know they are there. I use to kill them all but I think I've gotten soft. I would have like to keep the skin and rattle from the one in the picture but set up a photo shoot instead. I was trying to set up the sporting scope to get a phone skope picture but he wouldn't cooperate.

• Like 1

post-4673-0-94110600-1474471408_thumb.jpeg

Best I could get before he had enough. It was difficult to smack him with a stick to keep him curled up and snap a picture through the scope.

Step one: scream like a girl

Step two: create distance

Step theee: skin that smoke wagon and get to work!

• Like 2