PRDATR

Bye Bye Cabelas

have you guys been to a Scheel's? I went to the one in salt lake, it's a cool store, top of the line stuff and the guys I talked to knew what they were talking about.

Less competition= higher prices. Nearly everything except redhead and cabelas specific products can be bought online for much cheaper and a lot of times without tax. I only use bass pro or cabelas for emergency items I have to have if I can't wait a couple days for something.

• Like 2

have you guys been to a Scheel's? I went to the one in salt lake, it's a cool store, top of the line stuff and the guys I talked to knew what they were talking about.

I used to work at scheels when I was in college. They are very good about training their employees. We had product education almost every other night. If you didn't know your stuff you got fired. It bothers me to no end to go into cabelas or sportsmans and see this little dorks who don't know a magnum rifle primer from their sisters titty try to sell me something.

I used to work at scheels when I was in college. They are very good about training their employees. We had product education almost every other night. If you didn't know your stuff you got fired. It bothers me to no end to go into cabelas or sportsmans and see this little dorks who don't know a magnum rifle primer from their sisters titty try to sell me something.

What is the difference :( all of the big box stores no matter whether it is lumber, Wally World, Richards.....lots of incompetent people walking around collecting paychecks

What is the difference :( all of the big box stores no matter whether it is lumber, Wally World, Richards.....lots of incompetent people walking around collecting paychecks

Are you talking about WALMart or the White House?

I will take advantage of your observation and declare both......plus that place in California that wasn't open!!!

This has been talked about for a while. It is just a merger where both stores will stay open just be run by Bass Pro from what I understand.

• Like 1

I will take advantage of your observation and declare both......plus that place in California that wasn't open!!!

all of those places have people that don't know and don't care because are at minimum wage or just above it.

all of those places have people that don't know and don't care because are at minimum wage or just above it.

And are getting paid too much because they don't know and don't care!!!

I always have been happy with service and product at The Outdoorsmans there in Cave Creek.....I mean....it ain't 25000 square feet but they can answer your questions and help you find what you are looking for........

I guess I'm the odd guy out because I enjoy going to both stores. I also enjoy Sportsman Wharehouse and any mom and pop store I can get into. Living in Kingman there is not a lot of outdoor stores to go to. I do most of my fishing shopping at Tackle Wharehouse anyway, but it's nice to actually see the colors and items at the stores.

• Like 1

I'll just stick to the internet...and maybe Western Drug in Springerville.

I remember the first time I walked into there back when I was working in Eager on the new dome. One place I liked going into that is long gone was the sporting goods store in San Manuel.

• Like 1