I've seen 20 of them since I saw my first one in '04...17 glassed and 3 while driving...had a few cameras out this summer all lions on them...leaving home without a lion tag is a bad idea

so far in this thread theres been about 250 years of hunting experience and youve seen more lions than everyone combined thats posted so far, in just 12 years? you must be in the lion capital of the world, take me
Take you? Ha I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brush fire

Why not we can watch young guns 2 and quote lines it will be fun

• Like 2

I've seen 20 of them since I saw my first one in '04...17 glassed and 3 while driving...had a few cameras out this summer all lions on them...leaving home without a lion tag is a bad idea

so far in this thread theres been about 250 years of hunting experience and youve seen more lions than everyone combined thats posted so far, in just 12 years? you must be in the lion capital of the world, take me
Given my buddy Trophyhunter's alledged associations, probably already burns when he pees. I'm getting him a Pez that dispenses penicillin for dat.
  • Like 1

Given my buddy Trophyhunter's alledged associations, probably already burns when he pees. I'm getting him a Pez that dispenses penicillin for dat.

Lmfao, that's pretty clever.

Yeah, but nobody wants a Robin headed pet dispener though.

• Like 1

that would be creepy, specially if he's sporting a man bun.

Oh how we can turn a topic around so quick.

Oh how we can turn a topic around so quick.
Topics been covered, Mr hallway monitor.

I buy a tag every year. I've never shot a lion but I have seen one almost every other year. Seems like every time I hunt down south someone in our hunting party sees one. I walked up on one during the archery javelina season two years ago. I think we both scared the crap out of each other. By the time I realized what it was, he was gone like a bolt of lightning. My buddy glassed one up in 24b a couple years ago during the archery javelina hunt.

Never go hunting without a lion tag, you never know when you'll see one.

• Like 1

I've glassed 4. In last few years none killed. I did glass a pair of lion kittens playing this last aug in 24a

I've glassed a pair up in 36B in the mid 90's, one decided to hang low the other went high and took on 5 coyotes. That was awesome to see, the shear noise was incredible echoing through the canyon.

I was able to harvest one in 36A about 10 yds, snuck up on it. Didn't actually know what I was sneaking up on until I got that close. I'll never forget the phone call to my wife and told her that she will become a lesbian because your going to eat some kitty!!!!

• Like 2

I've glassed a pair up in 36B in the mid 90's, one decided to hang low the other went high and took on 5 coyotes. That was awesome to see, the shear noise was incredible echoing through the canyon.

I was able to harvest one in 36A about 10 yds, snuck up on it. Didn't actually know what I was sneaking up on until I got that close. I'll never forget the phone call to my wife and told her that she will become a lesbian because your going to eat some kitty!!!!

Best thing I've seen on here in a while. Made me laugh! Thanks for posting that.

If you put in time on stand chances are eventually you'll see one, granted you're calling in lion inhabited areas. Most of my lions have came in while calling for fox in typical fox terrain. In many units where fox are high in number the lions use them as a food source. Had half a dozen come to the call, closed the deal on a few. Called in a bear and a lion 1 day apart in Patagonia.

For $17 you'd be a fool to pass up getting one each year.

lion_bitches_zpsc0db11f7.jpg

• Like 3

Probably the best $1.80 you'll ever spend

Hyperwrx- So when lions come to the call, How do they usually approach? Similar to a Bobcat or more direct?? Always wanted to call one in.