Sign in to follow this  
coues7

Camp meals

What does everyone eat at camp each morning and night to cut down on having to get up even earlier and going to be late to cook a big meal?

Mornings usually coffee & instant oatmeal or cereal

evenings easy stuff spaghetti, chili, etc.

My wife cooks and wraps burritos the day before the hunt. Easy to warmup and take a long.

I like mountain house for some meals. Quick and easy.

• Like 3

Guest oneshot

Pre-made breakfast burritos, enough said...

By making and then freezing main courses before hand, dinners can be pulled/defrosted in the morning, cutting down on meal-prep time in the evening...

Breakfast before the hunt ususally consists of energy drinks, donuts, granola bars and/ pop tarts. Upon return from the morning hunt, we usually will make a large breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and potatoes. Dinner's usually go, pizza on the traeger, spaghetti, burgers, brats, chili, chicken wings and ribeyes on kill nights.

• Like 2

I have always been the camp cook for my Dad and I. He is gone now, but I still carry on the food traditions. Opening morning has always been Bacon, eggs, and potatoes O'brien. Along with a steaming pot of cowboy coffee. I can make it all up in about 45 minutes. That night will be grilled steaks, beans, and taters.

I also bring pre-made food like, homemade chili, stew, pasta salads etc, for when I get into camp late, and just want to heat and serve.

• Like 2

For super quick and easy add granola, dried fruit, powdered milk and a plastic spoon to a ziplock. When you get hungry add a little water, stir and eat. No prep time and no clean up.

• Like 2

What does everyone eat at camp each morning and night to cut down on having to get up even earlier and going to be late to cook a big meal?

i never eat in the morning, i always eat when i get back to camp.

• Like 2

Pre made breakfast burritos and fresh perked coffee. Cliff bars and butthole samiches for lunch. Pre made canned chilli and spaghetti for dinner. Some nights Hebrew national dogs, maybe lasagna, chicken noodle soup with egg noodles.

Premade sandwiches, cut fruit in tupperwares, breakfast bars or cereal. Dinner is soups, corn bread, tin foil dinners and Dutch oven rolls.

Boiled eggs and granola for breakfast. Canned chili with pre made corn bread is a quick easy dinner. Then stews, mac n cheese with tuna.

Breakfast before the hunt ususally consists of energy drinks, donuts, granola bars and/ pop tarts. Upon return from the morning hunt, we usually will make a large breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and potatoes. Dinner's usually go, pizza on the traeger, spaghetti, burgers, brats, chili, chicken wings and ribeyes on kill nights.

Thats what I do..Wake up, throw some granola bars or pop tarts in the back pack and get going..For lunch its usually just a cup of Ramen noodles or a sandwich.. For dinner I usually always bring carne asada one night and fire that up on the grill..Dinner is always some sort of meat thats easy to eat and can be eaten with your hands lol..

smoke a pork shoulder at home and freeze. easy to heat up pulled pork for sandwiches.

This. Also maybe grill up (or sous vide) some chicken breast, refrigerate and put it in a cooler when you're ready to head out. Then chunk it up and throw it in some ramen that was heated up on a camp stove. Dried soup and noodles work great for me. Lightweight, easy to pack and has some carbs if you're doing some longer hikes.

Breakfasts are usually a clif bar, banana and coffee.

Lunches are pre-made sandwiches (pulled pork or chicken)