rkv09

2016 coues deer

This is my best coues deer that I have taken and I am really happy with him. My cousin spotted him on the first evening walking the hillside at 880 yards. I took off to close the distance and cut it down to 330 yards. I got a solid rest and took the shot and the buck disappeared. By the time I got up the hill the light was fading fast and being highly prepared with my cell phone light I couldn’t find him or any sign of the hit. I was pretty confident in my shot but doubt creeped while hiking back to the truck. We headed back up first thing in the morning, got a better picture of where the deer was and climbed up there. I realized that I was looking high and to the left of the tree that I shot the deer at. We got up to the tree and the buck was lying on his back not ten yards from where I shot him. It was a fun trip, kinda sad it ended so fast.

post-5508-0-28929100-1478003960_thumb.jpgpost-5508-0-15077200-1478004071_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Thats a great buck. Its always sad to call it a year, but you can still hunt whatever you want as long as you want with your camera, or help someone else with their hunt. Congrats on a great season!

Nice! Never seen a kicker off an eyeguard, great character buck, congrats!

Great looking buck man! That little extra on his eye guard is awesome

Great looking buck

Good Job, nice looking buck.

I love getting my bucks on the first day.

It makes me relax and able to glass better for my hunting partner.

No shame in shooting a good buck the first day, it just payed off for all the times you hunted 7 days and did not see one good buck.