SpotNStalk

Venting about sellers

I did a "Wanted post" for a Remington 700 with a R5 barrel. Got no action until week 2 I got a person that sent me pictures and all the info on the exact gun I wanted. Gun should have been worth around $2200.00 with the optic it had on it and they offered it to me at $800.00 I knew something had to be up. I said I would take it and the person asked for a USPS money order. I then asked for a picture of their ID and for them to please ship through an FFL. They sent me a picture of their ID. It was a 66 Y/O girl from Georgia. She said she the gun was her ex husbands and she wouldn't ship though an FFL. I asked to speak to them on the phone and it was a guy that answered and he acted like a girl. Very weird situation. Long story short that was over a two day period. My cousin is a police offer and I asked him to run the Drivers license. It did not come back so he is assuming it is a Fake ID. This all happened yesterday. First time I have had an issue but then again I am newer to CWT. I have made probably 6 purchases and 3 sales.

This happened on coueswhitetail? Sounds like someone should be booted if that's possible. Pretty sketchy!

• Like 3

I did a "Wanted post" for a Remington 700 with a R5 barrel. Got no action until week 2 I got a person that sent me pictures and all the info on the exact gun I wanted. Gun should have been worth around $2200.00 with the optic it had on it and they offered it to me at $800.00 I knew something had to be up. I said I would take it and the person asked for a USPS money order. I then asked for a picture of their ID and for them to please ship through an FFL. They sent me a picture of their ID. It was a 66 Y/O girl from Georgia. She said she the gun was her ex husbands and she wouldn't ship though an FFL. I asked to speak to them on the phone and it was a guy that answered and he acted like a girl. Very weird situation. Long story short that was over a two day period. My cousin is a police offer and I asked him to run the Drivers license. It did not come back so he is assuming it is a Fake ID. This all happened yesterday. First time I have had an issue but then again I am newer to CWT. I have made probably 6 purchases and 3 sales.

This happened on coueswhitetail? Sounds like someone should be booted if that's possible. Pretty sketchy!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This!

• Like 2

Very sketchy for sure! Post up his CWT name so members know to keep away from that guy! :ph34r:

• Like 1

For all of our sanity and safty....post that sellers name.

• Like 1

Yall crack me up sometimes. What difference does it make if the scammer is blocked and/or outed? Unless you go archery talk style its a waste of time. (Even that is a waste of time since most CWT deals are FTF and not mail like AT.) I bet the account will have a total of 0 posts from now to the end of the earth even without he block.

Wanted to add there is a R5 308 on AZ shooting if you have enough posts to access the classifieds.

• Like 2

Always somebody somewhere looking to scam for some $$$. Many out of staters on here and that is awesome but few not legitimate will post sale ads then post as sold trying to build your confidence that it sold here and is legit. If you have any questions ask for names of users who have bought from them and then confirm they did so and they are legitimate. If not verifiable report them so nobody gets scammed. :)

By the way they do the same thing on archerytalk one person will open six accounts and give positive feedback to each other to make it look like they're legit. You gotta remember that's what these people do for a living all day long they make fake accounts on different classifieds forums and scam people

• Like 1

I would have bought that and flipped it

• Like 1

I would post their CWT user name but they just said they saw my post on CWT and texted me so I do not have it. I guess I should not put my phone number to make it easier and have them send me a PM first. Thanks for the lead on that rifle MRL1984! I think I am going to build from the ground up now though.

LOL TrphyHntr, The plan was to buy it and sell the glass and pay for the entire rifle!

If you guys this I should post a picture of Her/His ID they sent me then I will!

• Like 1

I would post their CWT user name but they just said they saw my post on CWT and texted me so I do not have it. I guess I should not put my phone number to make it easier and have them send me a PM first. Thanks for the lead on that rifle MRL1984! I think I am going to build from the ground up now though.

LOL TrphyHntr, The plan was to buy it and sell the glass and pay for the entire rifle!

If you guys this I should post a picture of Her/His ID they sent me then I will!

Don't bother I'm sure it's stolen or fake. Good luck with the build and as always beware for the scammers lurking

• Like 1

Thanks Hoghntr! Yeah definitely keeping an eye out for that stuff now!

That SAYING of "if these people actually put all that energy into being good" kinda comes to mind.. Shoot they are so good at bad seems like if they had been good they could be...? WELL wait.. I was gonna say President but forgot now days being good is not a option for potus so GUESS maybe they are on track! 😟

• Like 1