What bi-pod do you use ?

What height also ?

I'm looking at the atlas PSR 5'-9' inch but was thinking about the taller one what u guys think ?

Depends on the situation.

Bench or prone? Harris 6-9"

Hunting prone? Harris 6-9" or 9-12"

Normal still hunting or spot & stalk? Harris 13-27".

All swivelling models for sure.

• Like 5

I have the atlas with a 3" extension added to it. I like it a lot... but this past hunt of mine I missed a chance at a great buck due to not having enough extension. Grass was crazy tall and I was on a steep incline. I probably could have made it work somehow but my buddy was with me and was able to get a much better rest. He used a Harris 13-27.

Harris 13-27" swivel for me. I used it on my elk hunt last year. Prone position on the 13" and it was perfect.

I can add to this thread. After Taylor's elk hunt, I went to purchase another 13-27" swivel bipod. I was set on a Harris, but saved about 50% on a Caldwell. Got it home, opened it up, put it on a rifle, took it off, packaged it back up, went back to the store and returned it for the Harris. So I wasted about $10 in gas.

The Caldwell sucks compared to the Harris. Super flimsy and not steady at all. You get what you pay for.

I can add to this thread. After Taylor's elk hunt, I went to purchase another 13-27" swivel bipod. I was set on a Harris, but saved about 50% on a Caldwell. Got it home, opened it up, put it on a rifle, took it off, packaged it back up, went back to the store and returned it for the Harris. So I wasted about $10 in gas.

The Caldwell sucks compared to the Harris. Super flimsy and not steady at all. You get what you pay for.

Man i would think if anyone would know that it would be you!

Coyotes hate the set up options and maneuverability of the Harris 13-27" as I can always find a way to get comfortable. The photo below was taken a couple evenings ago. The big male coming into the call got hung up on my far right side while I was prone on the left side of a creosote, quick switch over to the right and I was lucky to get to him quick. My favorite position is bipod legs extended sitting in the shade of tree with the stock nested in my shoulder while calling. Zero movement required until the trigger pull.

post-3844-0-79317800-1481209520_thumb.jpg

My brother borrowed it on his deer hunt after having issues with the grass in the past. He bought the same bipod as soon as he got home from harvesting his deer this year.

post-3844-0-61089500-1481209913_thumb.jpg