CatfishKev

Best deals on AR's

My wifes been hounding me for a couple years. Theres an ATI Omni/Hybrid for $452 and a DPMS Oracle for like $489 online built ready to go with a mag. Is it gonna get any better this this on black friday? All the kits seem to come out to about this price anyways, unless someone knows a great combo I could build myself.

Also on another post I read you can't shoot 5.56 out of a .223 but you can shoot .223 out of a 5.56? Why is this? And when the gun is listed as .223/5.56 does that mean its really a 5.56 that you can shoot the .223 out of. Thanks for the help I'm a newb when it comes to AR's and gun builds.

My wifes been hounding me for a couple years. Theres an ATI Omni/Hybrid for $452 and a DPMS Oracle for like $489 online built ready to go with a mag. Is it gonna get any better this this on black friday? All the kits seem to come out to about this price anyways, unless someone knows a great combo I could build myself.

Also on another post I read you can't shoot 5.56 out of a .223 but you can shoot .223 out of a 5.56? Why is this? And when the gun is listed as .223/5.56 does that mean its really a 5.56 that you can shoot the .223 out of. Thanks for the help I'm a newb when it comes to AR's and gun builds.

556 has higher pressures so u shouldnt shoot it out of a 223. Many do with no problem but not worth it. Yes if listed as 223/556 its a 556

You might or might not be able to beat the prices you quoted, but if you did, you would have to stumble across a smoking deal somewhere. The problem with buying cheap is that you will end up having to add another $200-$400 in upgrades to have rifle that is useable for anything other than plinking at relatively close range with crude iron sights.

Don't ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

She pretty much wants it just to have it, so plinking is pretty much all we will do.

Are DPMS, ATI and PSA all pretty much the same in quality? Whats the best bang for your buck so to speak? Also saw DB 15's for $499 online, Cal ranch will have diamondbacks for $599 and I think I saw a ruger for like $550.

They're pretty much all mil-spec. I just picked up 3 lowers for $64 each. You can build them as cheap or extravagant as you like from there.

The oracle is a commercial spec I believe, not mil

They're pretty much all mil-spec. I just picked up 3 lowers for $64 each. You can build them as cheap or extravagant as you like from there.

Are there more at this price?

Desertbull, I got mine off gunbroker and that price included shipping. I see some out there now for 69.95 but 20 bucks for shipping. Not long ago I saw a bunch for around $60 - just have to keep an eye out for good deals and ask the seller for combined shipping.

There are tons of low cost ways to do an ar15. Look at S&W, Ruger, radical firearms, or build off aero precision or others. Or look at BCM, Noveske, Daniel Defense etc for higer end.

• Like 1

I don't want to hijack the thread but I am also looking to "build" an AR platform. When I say build, I'm not interested in doing machine work or difficult assembly..not my thing. I would like one that ejects left and is MOA or better to use for varmint hunting. I would like to get connected with someone that has lot's of experience with this platform or even someone that does it for living. There are so many choices out there I have no idea what I am looking at. I am interested in 5.56 and possibly doing a suppressor later on.

Yeah I'm not sure you'll beat those prices without a lot of work finding a deal. But as already said be careful going too cheap. I decided to build mine instead and have had a lot of fun with it and learned a lot. Ended up more $$ into it, but I got what I wanted without upgrading later. Take a look at the Anderson's for $499...I've heard good stuff on their builds and the local shop here sells them for $599.

I would avoid the Omni/Hybrid. I've heard nothing but bad things about those. They are not reinforced correctly and they do fall apart under stress.