Murph24

First Coues

New to coues deer hunting, but addicted now. Had a great weekend of hunting and just wanted to say thanks to the site. Learned a ton on here.

post-14490-0-67717600-1479702983_thumb.jpg

post-14490-0-90455300-1479703019_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Congrats on a great hunt & 1st coues!

That backdrop in the 2nd pic is unbelievable, I love it!!

Great buck!!! I would absolutely thrilled if I killed a coues that size as my first... Congrats

That's a great first buck. You gonna get him mounted? Jessy cates in bisbee did mine came out great. Your welcome to come check it out if you'd like.

That's a great first buck. You gonna get him mounted? Jessy cates in bisbee did mine came out great. Your welcome to come check it out if you'd like.

That's the plan. What does a shoulder mount run?

Spotted a buck about 1000yds out around 1530. Moved to the next ridge to get a closer look. By the time I got over there the buck was gone. Sat there and just waited for a while and around 1630 a 3x3 stepped out. Wasn't what I was looking for, but was hoping a bigger buck was with him. Sure enough at 1700 this guy stepped out. I was at 440yds and cut it down to 275 since I knew I'd be shaking. Dropped him and had a crazy pack out. I got cliffed multiple times, sat down at one point and looked down the path I came from and there was two eyes staring back at me. Still don't know what it was, but I can guess. Made a lot of noise after that. Couldn't ask for a better first buck though.

I think it was in the $400 range. Can't find his number in my phone but if you call in to Jims Glass / Velvet Archery I'm sure they got his number.