Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyhcp

Cold weather gloves?

Be careful as a thick winter glove can cause you to fire before you're ready. I use a pair of silk liner gloves. They are thin but warm and have good sense of touch with them. Over top of the silk gloves I wear some thick knit wool gloves, trigger finger cut off. This works perfect for me

Back in the old days when I was a kid (70s), my dad turned me on to Morris Feel Gloves. Basic outstanding wool glove. Have always really liked them....

Haven't bought a pair in years though. Hopefully they are still making them! ;)

S.

Redhead ragwool convertible gloves. These are the best I have used. I work out side every day and have the late hunt as well. Only problem is I don't know if they make them anymore. post-13573-0-91521800-1480552913.jpeg

I use pretty lightweight Gloves with one of those hand muff deals that clips around your waist. I got the sitka gear one and its so dang warm it'll have your hands sweating when its 20 degrees out.

Those look pretty warm! I was looking at the kuiu gloves as well any thoughts on them?

My hunting partner wears these insulated mittens.. called him gay for about a year but mittens definitely keep your digits warmers than fingered gloves... obviously can't shoot with them on

Those look pretty warm! I was looking at the kuiu gloves as well any thoughts on them?

I like the Ultra merino wool gloves that kuiu makes. I prefer a lighter weight glove to hunt with. Carry a heavier set to layer when glassing.