Sign in to follow this  
azhornhunter

Mud Terrain Tires

I'm in the market for a new set of tires. I just ran threw a set of 35 BFG km2 in about 20k miles. Recently I had a rear tire start bubbling up on the sidewalls. So I started my search for some new shoes. I found a brand of tires I've never heard of before. They are Atturo trail blaze M/T,they are very similar to the tread pattern of a Toyo M/T. For a set of 35x12.50x18 they are $1,038 free shipping to my door. Which is about $500 less than the average 35 mudder. So my question is, have any of you every ran these or even heard of them?

post-8395-0-18556900-1481518422.gif

BFGs are horrible. I've never gotten more then 20k out of a set. I always break lugs off em too.

• Like 1

Nitto Trail Grappler or Toyo MT's. Those are the 2 tires to get IMO.

• Like 4

No warranty on the bfg's? They should last longer than 20k.

No i didnt try for warranty due to thr fact that the other 3 are warn to almost slicks.

I will not put another set of bfg on my truck. Yes they are throwin lugs. I have a original km1 that I have as a spare. I know Toyos are the top rated but @ $375 a tire it's a hard on the wallet.

I am really loving my toyo at11. No doubt really good tires. Now there are 7 of us at work all running nitro or toyo. I think bfg are good but not for heavy trucks. My Toyota loves bfg and they last but on my diesel they sucked.

• Like 1

I am really loving my toyo at11. No doubt really good tires. Now there are 7 of us at work all running nitro or toyo. I think bfg are good but not for heavy trucks. My Toyota loves bfg and they last but on my diesel they sucked.

I have a 2011 tundra crewmax with a 7" lift. I might go threw discount tire to get toyos or the nitto just for their warranty. Same thing at my work, majority of the trucksame here have toyos.

• Like 2

Go to Discount and have them order you the Nitto or Toyo's. Those are the only 2 mud tires I would run on the street and expect to do well.

If you are looking for straight up nasty mud tires and toughness at the expense of street miles and ride - Interco Swamper TSL SX's. That is what I will put on my K5 Blazer when I get it back up and running. It will only be a wheeling/hunting rig basically though that will get trailered most places.

What you're looking for tires too?! Lol. I've got close to 40k miles out of my Nitto Trail Grapplers (still have a few thousand left). I really like them. They're quiet on the highway, wear well, and aggressive enough to get you where ever you need to go. I'm pretty hard on them, and they've exceeded my expectations. I'm looking at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers this time, just because the Trail Grapplers are bad about throwing rocks. Gravel roads with the Trail grapplers are a paint jobs worst nightmare.

I bought a set of Patriot MT's....I have to say that I am impressed. They look good, and last. I have 20,000 miles on them and they look like they could at least go another 20k. And they actually work. I hit some nasty mud around Camp Verde and took them across the desert near Quartzsite and they worked flawlessly. Worth a look at least

I have had BFG KM2 for a long time now and i used to get about 45k

I have now switched to Cooper STT PRO and love them