Lance

2nd annual Flagstaff area CWT get together!

It was a great time and thanks so much to Lance and Carrie for putting this together. They provided dinner on Friday night and bisquits and gravy on Sat morning! It was great to meet your kids and see them having so much fun catching fish, hiking with us and shooting their bows.

here are some pics from the weekend.

Marshall Lake the first evening....

post-1-1214165250.jpg

My husband and Doug and Lance's daughters and dogs after a nice hike around the lake at sunset. Beautiful evening with perfect temperatures! Julie and Rica (dogs) spent lots of time in the lake and had a great time.

post-1-1214165262.jpg

Lance's family caught some trout the first evening, here are a couple of them:

post-1-1214165279.jpg

Marshall lake in the morning. There was still some snow on the peaks in the background, but not sure you can see it in the photo.

post-1-1214165408.jpg

The shooting competition was pretty close. Doug and Dan (Traveler) were the top shooters, but everyone seemed to be shooting really well. We had some block targets and also some 3-d targets. Each person picked a shot that everyone else in the group had to do. Here is one through some trees to a block target.

post-1-1214165554.jpg

here is doug shooting with the group watching.

post-1-1214165648.jpg

Lots of kids at the event and they took an interest in watching me score the racks.

post-1-1214165685.jpg

post-1-1214165722.jpg

post-1-1214165747.jpg

And also in watching the precision of the 80 yard shots through the spotting scope

post-1-1214165810.jpg

My husband and I enjoyed meeting everyone. What a great bunch of people.

Thanks to all the guys who helped me get my new sight on my bow and my peep sight adjusted after getting a new string this year.

Amanda

Oh, and Doug is being modest in his post by not mentioning that he won both the guess the score contests! And he was pretty darn close to winning that archery competition too!

Close to 20 of us gathered fo food, fun, arrow flinging, fishing, campfire talk and antler scoring. Traveler won the archery contest. Some never showed up for the 100 yard shoot-off :ph34r: , but Schmitty knocked a 12 on his first launch at 80 yards. Man's best friend certainly enjoyed romping the forest and water also.

CAMPFIRE??? - Doug does not believe in campfires. sounds like a good time - will have to get it put on the calendar well in advance for next year.

Had a great time seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones. Always a great time getting out of the heat too!

Oh, and Doug is being modest in his post by not mentioning that he won both the guess the score contests!

It's always easy guessing the scores when you see the score sheet first :P But actually I think Doug won the big rack and Ty came closest on the smaller of the two.

Great get away with a great bunch of people!

Big thanks to Lance and his family for hosting this. Amanda and Lance for the contest and raffle prizes. And all the others that contributed food, targets etc.

Updated the wardrobe with some awesome shirts from CWT.com and Tradition Outdoors.

We had a great time.

Jacob and Dan

Had a great time this weekend. Nice to finally meet some of you. Big thanks to Lance and family for putting this together. Ill post some more pics tonight.

Thank you everyone for showing up and supporting the weekend and the crew! I counted 22 people all together. We had at least half a dozen new faces different than last year.

The Raffle earned $113.00 for CWT.com and a couple of people really cleaned up on the prizes!

The ones that talked most about their 100 yard archery shooting didn't show up! ??

The ones that did show up shot excellent and the 10 and 12 ring on the targets had to be continually cleared of arrows after 3-4 shots to make room for everyone else's arrows! We had 5 youth shooters and 9 adult shooters. A few of the guys that were there showed off some excellent 80 yard shooting!

The fishing was a little slower than a couple of weeks ago but still plenty of fish were caught and lots of fun was had! For the fish contest, I think my 9 year old son Weston had the biggest trout and biggest Arctic Grayling when we left Saturday night. But several people stayed and fished beyond that.

Patty -aka "Younghunters Mom"- was the Horse Shoe Champ and Doug aka -"Red Rabbit"- was lucky enough to be her partner. Although, Doug can throw a pretty mean shoe himself and showed everyone what "made in China" is all about by breaking one of the shoes on what was sure to be a ringer "if the stake had been high enough"! lol!

Doug and Ty cleaned up on the Guess the Score contests!

We got to have a camp fire this year with s,mores and the whole bit! We were up till 1:40 am the first night swapping lies! (For some reason Doug is really good at judging distances at night? lol! Just kidding Doug.) And then we got up at 5:30 to go fishing!

Thanks to everyone for there contributions! We had a great time and got to meet many new faces and we missed those who were not able to show up. We will do it again next year if everyone is up to a third annual get-together.

Lance and Carrie Crowther and Family

post-669-1214247783_thumb.jpg

post-669-1214248030_thumb.jpg

post-669-1214248176_thumb.jpg

post-669-1214248420_thumb.jpg

post-669-1214248570_thumb.jpg

post-669-1214249366_thumb.jpg

post-669-1214249693_thumb.jpg

post-669-1214250361_thumb.jpg

post-669-1214250515_thumb.jpg

post-669-1214250672_thumb.jpg

What a great weekend!

Thanks again to Lance and Carrie's family for providing the great meals and putting the event on and it was great to finally meet everybody there. My 5 year old girl is here standing next to me looking at the pics and wishing that she had went. The archery shoot was a blast even though I blew up an arrow or two shooting at 100!

I did finally make it over to unit 8 to scout a bit. I wish I had the camera as I was heavy into the elk on Sunday morning. The coolest being a large nursery herd (40+) of cows and calves that I watched for a good 15 minutes at 70 yards. One of the old cows finally figured me out and started barking like crazy at me. They never did spook, I just slowly backed on out of there. I saw a few smallish bulls and a few other cow groups as well, but the main thing was that I was able to hike into alot of new (to me) country and get a better feel for certain areas.

Once again, it was great meeting everybody and we're looking forward to next year!

Craig