lancetkenyon

Official "Target Fun Shoot" Thread

Lance, can you send me 2 targets next time please. My hunting buddy wants to get in on the action. Especially the 22LR one. He is a rimfire fanatic.

If you get them out by Tuesday, should be fine. I have all of the ones I have already received scored. So get them shot and in the mail.

As for the couple oif guys asking for them to get emailed, sorry. I have been crazy at work with site walks and travelling, and I left my computer at my office over the weekend. Not going to make it in time to email them to you and get them shot and back to me.

Never fear. I have the next two shoots already planned. A 200 yard shoot (with darker/larger easier to see targets), and a 50 yard .22LR shoot.

These sound fun

Shot this morning and mailed it out, I think I forgot to shoot one round though. Was there a 2 shoot group bottom center? Haha oh well. Man the humidity did something for sure this morning, my last cold bore was dead on. I had to hold off high right every shot, it was a pain but not bad hits on some of my shots. Not bad for 3x9 scope and axis rifle.

post-10379-0-60465700-1487628005_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

You had the option of one "confidence" shot. At any target other than the CBS or 3 shot group. Hit, and add score. Miss, and lose both shots points at that target, even with an original hit.

And I already started work on the 200 yard target...... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Received 4 more targets in the mail. I think it was yesterday's mail though. After today, I will post scores and draw a winner from those targets returned.

I will say, the target was very challenging, and I did not see a single shot that would have missed just about any large or small game out there, including prairie dogs. So scores do not necessarily reflect anything other than very near misses on tiny circles. Aim small, miss small.

Great shooting to all who sent them back in.

Round 2 is in the works.....or should I say round 200?

I never got a chance to shoot mine....too much stuff going on and the weather didn't help. Maybe I'll get a chance at the 200 yard target.

EDIT:

I finally got a chance to go shooting so I figured I would shoot my target even though I missed the deadline. The small circles were hard to see, especially with a FFP scope. I probably should have dialed the magnification down a little.

nlAxOGc.jpg

Lov3Neu.jpg

I got all of the targets scored this weekend. I will post results and draw a winner early this week. Great shooting to everyone. Even on he lower scoring targets, not a game animal in AZ would have survived, except maybe just a few prairie dogs.

Here are the final results. Again, I can't see anything other than maybe a few Prairie dogs escaping a single shot on all of the targets I received back. Great shooting by all who participated.

1. Huntress283 = 0

2. Carp Cody = 0

3. Sherman = 10

4. Levi Moser = 10

5. Zach carp = 20

6. Oz31p = 21

7. Bholmes = 24

8. 77man = 38

9. Hoss50 = 45

10. AZDiamondheat = 75

11. Mfernaz = 79

12. Prowlerman = 84

13. TAC = 86

14. Mulepackhunter = 95

15. Couespursuit = 100

16. Taylor = 155

17. Lancetkenyon = 194

And the drawing winner is........

20170304_122543_zpsw6q2fg0a.jpg

20170304_122558_zpsdjjz22qk.jpg

Zachcarp!!!

20170304_122611_zpshxfzzdmm.jpg

PM me and let me know where you want your $25 gift card from. Cabela's, Bass Pro, or Sportsman's Warehouse.

Congrats. Look for the 200 yard shoot to follow in a couple weeks.

• Like 3