Sign in to follow this  
browtine

smoothest shooting bow??

Just have to get out and try them. Hopefully, side by side.

That valley and wall can make a big difference in your preference.

Let off is nice, but 90 ... I want to try that one! What kind of speed does it have, and how consistent is it?

You might get on the ArcheryTalk website as well. Many ideas about some bows to avoid.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge....

But in all seriousness, get a Prime. The rest are basically fairy wands and boat anchors.... :D :D :D

you have the smoothest shooting bow, the 'ol switchback.

you don't need an excuse to buy a new bow, just go buy one and get it over with.

If you are in the north valley stop by AZ Archery Club and shoot some Xpeditions. Very nice and smooth draw (better than the Elite Impulse) and can be set up with Elite let off (mine is around 85%), solid back wall and awesome speed. I have the Xcentric 6 and for the first time ever I will not be buying a new bow this year. Well, compound anyways. Trying to decide between a Stalker Coyote or a Hoyt Satori.

Def go shoot a few. I've not shot an elite but I hear great things. The best two bows I've shot for smooth cycle and speed are:

1. Obsession Defcon M7

2. Xpedition Xring

Good luck on finding the right one. The only one I ever bought new was back in the 70's and it was a bear whitetail for less than $100. I have shot several since but all have been hand me downs I've purchased from friends and one here off cwt. Used bows are much cheaper although I would have a bow shop check it out before buying. Either way let us know what you get. :)

TJ

I love my Bowtech BT-X 28. Draw cycle is super smooth and easy to hold. Shoots like a dream.

• Like 1

Good luck on finding the right one. The only one I ever bought new was back in the 70's and it was a bear whitetail for less than $100. I have shot several since but all have been hand me downs I've purchased from friends and one here off cwt. Used bows are much cheaper although I would have a bow shop check it out before buying. Either way let us know what you get. :)

TJ

Still shooting my Martin Tiger which is like 29 years old so this might be the year I get something new for the next 29 years. Even at about 65#'s It only shoots at 211. I guess relatively slow compared to the current speed demons but I'm slow to change. I shot it with finger tabs and no sights for the first few years before adding sights and then two more years before going to a release, and spring rest.

• Like 1

If you are serious about the smooth part, the Mathews no cam HTX is it. It is not a speed demon, but the most consistent bow made, more so than most archers. I bought one after shoulder surgery, and my single cam Mathews hurt to shoot. I had a Switchback, and this is even smoother. I get 283 fps at 63 lbs, and a 380 grain arrow. Biggest problem is shooting into your arrows that are already in the target.

• Like 1