Sign in to follow this  
Rumhunter84

G7 BR2 Rangefinder ?

I just have a few questions about this for you guys ?

Is it worth the money ?

Is there a cheaper better options ?

I was thinking of doing shooters App and a good wind meter !

I'm just looking to get your guises thoughts and opinions on this piece of equipment !

I think it mostly comes down to personal preference and how much money you want to spend.

I have the G7 and really like it. I went that route strictly for ease of use and speed. You have to range no matter what. My thoughts are to remove extra variables and get your shooting solutions the absolute quickest. Cutting out extra steps basically. The G7 is so easy to use. One button push and you get the range and the solution. Push another button and get windage values in 5 mph increments. All within seconds. IMO that was better than having to range, then switch devices and input all the variables and then get your solutions.

Most of the time you have ample amounts of time so it's 6 one way and half a dozen the other. But there are times when you need speed. For instance you miss a shot and the deer runs closer/farther. One button push new solution vs range, grab phone, enter new data. My 2 cents

• Like 3

I love my G7. It appears the 2400 might be easier to load rifle info, but is overall more complicated. I can see advantages for both. If your a super tech guy I would recommend buying the 2400, if not buy the G7.

Have G7 br2 and love it

I have been able to shoot shots with confidence that I would have missed prior.

As for the Sig no idea my g7 isn't broken and has proven reliable.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat right now trying to figure out which to get. I'm going with the Sig only because it is smaller and held vertically with one hand. I know that's not ideal for long range but it's necessary for shorter range quick shots and that's just as important to me.

I've shot deer using the g7, and using a regular ol Leica with a kestrel. Now it's the sig kilo 2000 and a kestrel. I like having the kestrel and a regular rangefinder,sure its one extra thing but it seems to work good for us, and I trust it. The sig 2400 looks pretty sweet though.

I am going to sell my G7 gen 1, comes with G7 retractable lanyard, original manual and case, with cd and cloth. Included will be G7 gray molle bag and clips.

Andrew

I currently have a Gen II G7 BR2. It's a great unit and was/is a great leap forward. The Kilo 2400 is the closest competitor that the BR2 has. The 2400 does some things better. The BR2 has some features that the 2400 does not. Pluses and minuses for each. Your choice should come down to personal preference. I like the smaller beam divergence of the 2400, but I have found that the small, vertically held 2400 is harder to hold steady at targets a long ways off. The bigger BR2 unit seems to ride more stable in my hand.

The good news is: there is no bad decision here. Some guys are selling to their BR2 units at a price point under the new 2400. maybe a deal to be had there?

• Like 2