Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

My son doesn't want to go Elk Hunting!!!

We now live in a day in age that kids don't commit to things. Its very common for children to want to play a sport and through mid season they are burnt out on it and want to quit. If he was committed at first they need to follow through when its over. Every sport i played mid season I was done mentally. Next year I was doing it again because of the love of the sport. On such a big hunt Im the type of person that says you are going! Everything else Ill go at their speed of desire, but if they commit Im making sure as a parent Im doing my job!!!!

Let them be. My 2 sons are Vegatarions. I don't care. They are happy , 24 and 27. The 27 year old has had more Beuatifull Women than most of You ever dream about. Let them do what they want.. I still hunt My butt off and they respect it>..................BOB!

• Like 1

I forgot to add that what led to me and the wife getting separated last year is the $ i spent on hunting in 35 years .If I hit to do over again I whould take the wife over a Deer or Elk. much better lay ,even if they talk back to Ya..........BOB!

Wtf am I reading

Took a strange turn there in the last post...probably good advice though. LoL

sage advice.

i would never give up hunting for though. unless it was like october 36a coues

Go to Woods Canyon lake (or one of the others in the area), early Sept., reserve a camping spot, stay up late, and listen.....

Game over.

Nah just kidding, I have three brothers and a sister that grew up the same way as I did. Two of us are hard core hunters and the other three go but it's not real fun for them. Think they go just because they think it was expected of them. You can only push it so far and let them decide. As long as they aren't getting into trouble elsewhere I guess it's ok to have another hobby. Even if it's not an awesome hobby like hunting.

Wtf am I reading

Took a strange turn there in the last post...probably good advice though. LoL

sage advice.

i would never give up hunting for though. unless it was like october 36a coues

That's a good tag! Haha!

• Like 1

My son is still saying he doesn't want to go! He has always been very difficult to deal with, but since he's become a teenager he has become a LOT more difficult! I do my best not to say much to him, because any little thing will set him off. Very sad!

On the bright side, I asked my younger son if he was interested in going Turkey hunting. I was fully expecting him to say no, but I always ask my kids in case they change their minds. I never expected him to say yes. To my surprise he said "ya, I'll go." I almost passed out from excitement! Since then I've taken him shooting several times and bought him some new camo clothes. We've been watching turkey hunting video's every night. he seems very excited to go. My wife and I are also very excited to take him.

Several night's ago when he and I were watching Turkey hunting video's my older son asked why I didn't ask him to go Turkey hunting. I informed him that I did ask him and he said it was too far to drive. Of course he immediately said "you didn't ask me!" This is a typical response from him lately. He LOVES to say he doesn't remember or we never asked him so he can play the victim. Thankfully my wife was there when I asked him and she immediately came to my rescue and said "you don't remember anything we tell you." I again asked him if he would like to go turkey hunting? His first words out of his mouth were "How far away is it?" I was already thinking he would say that. I said 4 hours away. He laughed and said " no way, that's too far." I had to go for a run after that conversation too calm down.....

• Like 2

Reading this makes me nervous. Expecting our first in 2 weeks. Hopefully I can be as cool and calm as you!!