Sign in to follow this  
Flingingarrowsbro

Point Guard

I used point guard last year on my coues hunt but after the last bonus points were posted. It will be interesting to see if I get my bonus points back.

I used point guard last year on my coues hunt but after the last bonus points were posted. It will be interesting to see if I get my bonus points back.

Yep, i wouldn't gamble my bonus points on antelope knowing g$f as the bookie.

It's a loophole alot of guys are using to draw back to back tags. From what I've heard you can turn your tag back in a day before the hunt opens. I'm sure guys wait till the end so it's less tags in the field.

All I ask is return it sooner rather than later so guys have some time to prepare. But then again I have no idea what game and fish does with th3 returned tags because they won't tell us.

I am just guessing here. They may make them available to organizations like Hunts For Heroes. If an outfit like that does not have a taker they probably destroy the tag. I do not expect they have a process to re-issue them to the general public.

• Like 1

All I ask is return it sooner rather than later so guys have some time to prepare. But then again I have no idea what game and fish does with th3 returned tags because they won't tell us.

I am just guessing here. They may make them available to organizations like Hunts For Heroes. If an outfit like that does not have a taker they probably destroy the tag. I do not expect they have a process to re-issue them to the general public.

If they issue a set number of tags based on how many animals they want harvested how does it make any sense that they would just destroy the tags?

I'm using the point guard this year for Turkey. I can't go on my turkey hunt so I'm turning my tag back in. Hopefully a CW member will get my unit 1 early hunt tag.

BB consider donating your tag to AES Hunts for Hero's program you still get your BP back I can PM you if your interested in contact info.

• Like 3

IMPORTANT NOTE to ALL of you (and anyone else you might know) who are thinking about using Point Guard for any of the tags you've drawn (INCLUDING this spring's turkey hunts) ---

You can sign over your unwanted tag DIRECTLY to us at Hunts for Heroes and still retain your bonus points (we do all the leg work of getting your tag transferred into a qualified vet's name)!

This will give a disabled Arizona vet a chance to go hunting using your tag, with everything taken care of on the hunt by a Hunts for Heroes crew of guides/volunteers. Our motto is "Healing through Hunting" --- several CWT members have been part of recent H4H hunts and can testify what a great experience it was for ALL involved.

You can become a hero yourself by donating your tag! You just need to make that phone call --- my cell #: (480)760-3868.

• Like 5

If they issue a set number of tags based on how many animals they want harvested how does it make any sense that they would just destroy the tags?

If the hunter had the tag and did not hunt or the hunter turned through point guard and the tag was not re-issued the end result is the same, no hunter in the field. Tags being drawn and not used is something that has always happened before point guard. They issue a given number of tags, they estimate a % will be filled. They do not expect every tag issued will always be taken into the field by the hunter.

• Like 1

What makes you think a lot of guys will be using it? Should be a pretty good year if the moisture keeps up.

Cause lots of people are using it for their wife, grandmother, dead uncle, etc on their party app and then pointguarding and doing it again next year.

If the hunter had the tag and did not hunt or the hunter turned through point guard and the tag was not re-issued the end result is the same, no hunter in the field. Tags being drawn and not used is something that has always happened before point guard. They issue a given number of tags, they estimate a % will be filled. They do not expect every tag issued will always be taken into the field by the hunter.
Surely they realize that now there are gonna be a larger percentage of unused tags thanks to the new tag drawing strategies. The tags in the archery unit I applied for first choice didn't change to account for it.

And don't forget the PETA loving, anti-hunting hippies. They apply for tags, then shred them if drawn. Their way of saving Bambi.

I didnt realize I could donate and retain my bonus points. I will definitely be donating my tag to hunts for heroes.

• Like 4

And don't forget the PETA loving, anti-hunting hippies. They apply for tags, then shred them if drawn. Their way of saving Bambi.
Well that hasn't changed from past years that's already accounted for in the success rates

Surely they realize that now there are gonna be a larger percentage of unused tags thanks to the new tag drawing strategies. The tags in the archery unit I applied for first choice didn't change to account for it.

I expect they will just adjust the number of issued tags, based on the average number returned, to achieve their harvest objective. They sold the tag, they sold point guard, they take the tag back without refunding for either. They sell more tags without putting more hunters in the field. It does not look like a loosing situation for G&F.