KaibabHunter

2016 Desert Ram

IMO that is a Class IV ram. everything I have read says it is as well. 8 years old is a Class IV at the sheep clinic. I am no sheep expert but that is what I have been taught.

• Like 1

IMO that is a Class IV ram. everything I have read says it is as well. 8 years old is a Class IV at the sheep clinic. I am no sheep expert but that is what I have been taught.

+1
  • Like 1

Edit: TH unless my phone is bugging I guess u deleted ur post which makes my response confusing. So everyone understands he asked if ur supposed to be able to tell the age based on the illustrations I posted from clinic materials.

TH and to anyone interested: Thats simply what they provide in their education materials for age classes at the clinic - obviously a little contradictory. U probably know already that the # of growth rings are the best guess as to age and those can be disputed depending on who's counting. We agreed with what game and fish counted on checkout. My goal was to kill a class IV, whether he ended up a class IV or not doesn't really matter to me at this point as the trigger has been pulled and the tag punched. Maybe we can get an official clarification for u future tag holders!

• Like 2

How cool is that, big time congratulations on a great ram.

• Like 1

I'm not saying that what I stated is gospel (I originally learned it was 9 years and up for Class 4). An 8-year-old ram is a stud, no matter where we put him class-wise --- a mature ram anyone should be proud of and fortunate to be blessed with! Not my intent to take this thread off-topic --- again, my sincere congrats!!!

• Like 1

Beautiful ram! The mount will take you back to the hunt years from now, mine still does almost 9 years later. Congratulations, if that was your number 3, I'd love to see what your number one choice was!

• Like 2

Nope. Its all based on age. Has nothing to do with score, curl, nut size, etc.

I still think they should be scored secondarily on nut size.

Awesome ram...congrats!

• Like 4

Congrats. Did any one go after the dang Lion. I hope. Great job on the Sheep............BOB!

• Like 1

I spent a little time trying to call the lion in but had to prioritize my time to the sheep hunting. The AZGFD lion guy was advised but I'm not sure if they got in there to get him as they had other cats to deal with.

• Like 1

bigorange, ram nuts are humbling! At first glance, you are kinda jealous, but then you see they have a teeny wienie to go with those coconuts. Looks like a couple of avacados in a sock. I wonder if they ever sit on them like the old guys?

• Like 2

bigorange, ram nuts are humbling! At first glance, you are kinda jealous, but then you see they have a teeny wienie to go with those coconuts. Looks like a couple of avacados in a sock. I wonder if they ever sit on them like the old guys?

It's funny when they run because you know it hurts.

• Like 2