Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Santa Ritas are burning...

the first burn missed the towers looks like it stayed south of box canyon road but burned north of Santa rita ranch if the makes sence. There is still a small burn that looks to be a few miles from the towers now. What the fire did on the east side of the mountain I have no clue.

Thanks that's the info I've been looking for.

Now pre evac for mescal. Crap! If I have to leave where will the wife and dogs sit!! My guns and hunting stuff will be occupying the cab of my truck.

Hoss you know that we have plenty of room for your guns and gear over here. As far as the wife and dogs go, good luck.
  • Like 2

If anyone down south where the fire is at needs any help feel free to ask. I live in rita ranch area. Good luck guys.

• Like 4

Fire started at the shooting spot just before bridge on box canyon. The fire pushed all the way thru box canyon and thru the houses on Greaterville road. It then jumped hwy 83 and burned into the Empire Cieniega ranch area in unit 34B. It then raced north east towards the Narrows and is now bearing down on J6 Ranchetts and I-10. Hwy 83 is closed. If this makes it to I-10 it to will be closed and Benson will be in the path. Tonight the fire is back creeping into sawmill east, Fish Canyon towards Gardner canyon in 34A. It looked to have gotten to the radio towers at Melendez Pass tonight around sunset. High winds expected for tomorrow...not good news.

• Like 1