Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Primos Cam in 23N

Bob, if i remember right, you paid for a guide on your elk hunt last year? A lot more people would agree that that makes you less of a hunter than someone that hangs trail cameras. Just some food for thought

• Like 9

I did use a guide 1 and a half years ago. I was living out of State, never been in that unit and waited 19 years for that tag..And at my age need help getting an Elk out of the Woods. In due respect to my guide.He didn't do anything I couldn't do hunt wise except He knew the area ,thats why I hired him. I shot a 331 Bull same as I shot on my only other Bull hunt solo.We did pass some bigger ones early. A Guide is no gaurantee of anything. A camera that is watched for 6 months certainly helps You alot.Most hunters are good guys ,I'm not He to bad mouth any one, really i'm not ,We all just have our own ways and thoughts. I had a few cold ones in Me last nite too..IL'L trow up the white flag I guess. My OP. isn't gonna change anything anyways. Happy hunting.......BOB!

Interesting, Bob said I am not a real hunter last night. But this morning I woke up from a good nights reat like every other day. I didn't lose a wink over it.

Hmm, turns out it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

• Like 3

Merriam’s definition of Hunter: “a person who hunts wild animals.

***No mention of radios, cameras, guides, etc.

IMO if you hire a guide (and I have) the guide is the hunter, the client is “the shooter”.

• Like 1

Iv'e said it before and guys hate me for it, If you rely on Cams to kill an animal You aint a true hunter.I will be be 61 when I hunt this fall and never used a cam.. Ok most of my species have been 80% of Book but I don't care. Ya i'd love to have my name in the book, but I do it by huntin like a hunter.Will never use a cam , learn to hunt is what I have always said. And I say hunting is not a sport.To a real good hunter it is an instinct not a sport.Of all the guys on this site I bet only 25 to 30% are real hunters. Some can call it a hobby that is better than a sport.A lot of the true Hunters don't even get online cause they don't need or want to brag..Have fun with Your Cams, I will Hunt. Maybee some day I will get a B&C animal and I will feel alot better than You cam Guys. Just my op.Good luck to all, I don't care if You use them ,just don't call yourself a Trophy Hunter.Hate my op all you want. Doesn't bother Me....................BOB!

I did use a guide 1 and a half years ago. I was living out of State, never been in that unit and waited 19 years for that tag..And at my age need help getting an Elk out of the Woods. In due respect to my guide.He didn't do anything I couldn't do hunt wise except He knew the area ,thats why I hired him. I shot a 331 Bull same as I shot on my only other Bull hunt solo.We did pass some bigger ones early. A Guide is no gaurantee of anything. A camera that is watched for 6 months certainly helps You alot.Most hunters are good guys ,I'm not He to bad mouth any one, really i'm not ,We all just have our own ways and thoughts. I had a few cold ones in Me last nite too..IL'L trow up the white flag I guess. My OP. isn't gonna change anything anyways. Happy hunting.......BOB!

2dm728w.jpg

• Like 8

Merriam’s definition of Hunter: “a person who hunts wild animals.

***No mention of radios, cameras, guides, etc.

IMO if you hire a guide (and I have) the guide is the hunter, the client is “the shooter”.

Doesnt say anything about binos or guns either

Wow Bob. Hyprcrite much? Using a camera (whicheck I'd bet your guide did) doesn't make you a hunter, but hiring a guide is fine?

Dude, look at trpgyhntr's meme.... might be time to stop posting no doubt.

You're starting to sound like Tony Mandible.

• Like 2

It a shame that this forum has allowed a certain handful of "premier members" to overtake any disussion they don't agree with and commence to ridicule other members.

• Like 1

It a shame that this forum has allowed a certain handful of "premier members" to overtake any disussion they don't agree with and commence to ridicule other members.

are you talking about the part where bob said guys who use cams arent real hunters?

• Like 1

are you talking about the part where bob said guys who use cams arent real hunters?

Nope. But you know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Nope. But you know what I'm talking about.
Was it the part where he said only 20-30% of the members of this site are real hunters?

trail cameras are pretty cool. the anticipation to check them is unbearable though I can't leave one be longer than 3 days

• Like 1

trail cameras are pretty cool. the anticipation to check them is unbearable though I can't leave one be longer than 3 days

I drove down to check one the other day, my key wouldn't unlock it. I tried for a while, nothing. I guess I'm going to have to cut it down