Sign in to follow this  
G_E_E

New shocks

Well, it's that time for me to change my front shocks on my 06 Silverado. I have a 2" level kit on it. Just wondering what you guys have used and like with a leveling kit. I'm leaning towards some Bilstein or ranchos. Hopefully can keep it under $100 for each one.

I have a 2004 Silverado and replaced my ranchos 5000 with skyjacker 7000 from autoanything.com. Great deal and the ride is great. This was the first time I replaced them myself. I have a leveling kit and a add a leaf. Ive had them on since April.

I put Bilsteins on my 2010 Silverado when I leveled it. I was really happy with them. The shop that does all my service on my truck say they get a lot of Rancho warranty work. Not sure what happens but they don't like them.

Forget about Rancho's unless you are going to pay the big dollars for the adjustable series, then maybe.

Bilstein 5100's is what I run, and recommend when people ask me.

• Like 1

I run rancho 9000s on my bronco and excursion. Cheap, adjustable, and lifetime warranty. Threw my skyjackers away. Junk and warranty was a PITA.

Bilstein 5100's.

I have them on the yukon. Best shocks ever.

How hard are the fronts to put on yourself? Do you need special tools?

This will be the first time I am going to attempt myself. Looks pretty simple after watching a few you tube videos(famous last words). From the looks of it some wrenches/rachet set and a clamp will get the job done.

This will be the first time I am going to attempt myself. Looks pretty simple after watching a few you tube videos(famous last words). From the looks of it some wrenches/rachet set and a clamp will get the job done.

Hardest part will probably compressing the bilsteins. They are a great shock I had them on my F250 for 150K and last year I had Desert Rat install some Fox shocks I bought from Shock Wharehouse.