Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Cutting the cord part II

Wife and I need to cut out cable bill..it's insane.

What is the best way to go to be able to watch :

A. Live NFL

B. Live Diamondbacks baseball.

Most of the shows we watch appear on Netflix or Amazon prime, and we NEVER watch them live.

Kodi and high speed Internet. It's retarded what cable and direct tv cost. Gimme a call if u want.

• Like 1

You will get all of the Cardinals games live using an antenna I literally unbolted my dish off of my roof unhooked the Coax and bolted on the antenna as far as Diamondbacks game to go I'm not sure. I thought my life was going to be over when we got rid of cable but I still get enough sports between ABC CBS NBC and Fox that I really don't notice it.

Went through the same thing recently. Kodi WITH A VPN is a great option for shows and movies (just don't do it without a VPN), but is frustrating for watching live sports as anything live tends to buffer a lot.

Check out the new YouTube TV. It is new this year and only in a few limited markets as they grow it. The Phoenix area happens to be one of the markets. It is a live streaming service that gives you 40 channels, including all 4 cable networks (including CBS), ESPN, and Fox Sports. I don't think any of the other live streaming companies (Sling, Hulu, etc.) offer CBS. They offer a free 30 day trial and $35 a month after that, no contract. We are still in our 30 day trial period, but will probably stick with it through the season for the Dbacks and Cardinals. It will allow you access from any smart phone or tablet and you can cast it to your TV using a Google Chromecast (you get one free after you start paying or you can buy one for about $35). You also have unlimited DVR storage through the cloud. Unfortunately, it isn't free, but a heck of a lot cheaper than Dish or Direct TV.

An antenna is the cheapest one time payment option, but I've become spoiled and hate not having the ability to record, pause, rewind, etc.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Correct Sling doesn't have CBS. I haven't been able to find any cbs streaming without paying cbs directly. We get CBS over HD antenna though. Give Sling a look...pretty sure with the sports pack you'd get NFL Network and an MLB channel. I don't watch a lot of pro sports but everything I want in college sports is covered.

Anyone have tips for ASU football? Being on PAC 12 makes things difficult.

Anyone have tips for ASU football? Being on PAC 12 makes things difficult.

I can get that on Kodi and will just have to deal with buffering.

Sling tv. Is the way to go Blue package. 24.99 a month. You get all the dback games on the fx sports Az channels. I then use a 50$ hd leaf antenna for the cardinal games. But most cardinal games are on fox local channel and that's on the blue sling package its included.

My cable is outrageously expensive. I have Comcast and pay way too much a month. Let's just say if I cut the cable in one year I would have enough to buy my dream rifle 300RUM stainless steel with a really nice scope as well. I watch NFL games on my Verizon Total access acct. so that would solve football. But my other shows I could use the interweb. Good luck I might follow suit.