Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Game bags

What are you guys using for game bags? I want to get some of the reusable synthetic bags like the T. A. G. Bags or Caribou game bags but I really dont want to spend $60 on game bags.

I have sctually been using pillow cases and the work great but they take up a lot of room and are heavy.

Just opened a sack of yellow front bags yesterday (to strain prickly pear juice for wine and other spirits) it did not drain well but as a game bag it would be good! Not sure how this helps you other than using bags from the 80's

• Like 1

Of the ones I have tried, I like Caribou bags the best, but they aren't cheap. I have seen some Black Ovis bags on camofire.com several times recently that look a lot like the caribou bags, but for a fair amount less.

If you want another good lower price option that is still a good jump above pillow cases, check out the Allen game bags. I bought some of those on Amazon a couple of years ago when my son and I both had tags, and I knew I might need extra. They have held up very well for a few years now through several hunts and are still in great shape. Maybe not as fancy as some of the premium bags, but I would buy them again.

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Backcountry-Meat-Bags-Pack/dp/B00BQXP7YO

• Like 1

I've put 5 animals through the black Ovis bags from camo fire. They still look and feel new. But in case they get discontinued I bought a few extra sets

• Like 1

I bought a set of the Black Ovis as well this year. Went with elk size because I know I can fit deer into them as well.

Used the cotton style 'Alaska' game bags from cabelas last year on my buddies muley. They stretched out around the bone-in quarters nicely but I don't know how durable they would be for re-use or for hanging stuff in a tree. They also take up lots of room!

Guest oneshot

This will NOT work if it's still warm temps...

I de-bone on the spot, hanging cut's of meat in the shade, by the time I finish cutting the antlers out of the skull, the meat will have started to "skin" over, then bundle-up in a shamag, tying the shamag to outer pack(about 1hours total time).

I have also used black pepper(in Canada) for a spring Bear hunt, coating the de-boned meat, helping to 'skin" over the meat, keeping flies away, then packing into shamags...

these are as good as any out there - super size quality washable reusable- even resew them if you want to make smaller bags

reposted in classifed

• Like 1

Of the ones I have tried, I like Caribou bags the best, but they aren't cheap. I have seen some Black Ovis bags on camofire.com several times recently that look a lot like the caribou bags, but for a fair amount less.

If you want another good lower price option that is still a good jump above pillow cases, check out the Allen game bags. I bought some of those on Amazon a couple of years ago when my son and I both had tags, and I knew I might need extra. They have held up very well for a few years now through several hunts and are still in great shape. Maybe not as fancy as some of the premium bags, but I would buy them again.

When I click on that link it says "usually ships in 1 - 2 MONTHS".

Typo?

When I click on that link it says "usually ships in 1 - 2 MONTHS".

Typo?

Yikes! Seems odd to me. Maybe super popular right now?

I've put 5 animals through the black Ovis bags from camo fire. They still look and feel new. But in case they get discontinued I bought a few extra sets

Make that 6. They clean up easy toopost-4310-0-36291500-1503834520_thumb.jpgpost-4310-0-15886900-1503834325_thumb.jpg