KaibabHunter

2017: What is your bull goal this year?

I've got lots of bulls on camera coming in to my salt lick, but with late rifle, they could all be harvested or in another county by the time of my hunt.

Mature 6x6, would love 330" or better, or something non-typical/weird. Last day will be any mature bull.

So, with 26 full days of scouting, and only seeing 4 mature bulls, I pulled the trigger on opening evening on one of the best bulls I had seen in the area I was hunting. 6x7 mature bull. I know of a couple bigger ones that were being pursued, but not many out there. I am thrilled with the bull I took, and with family and my 2 best hunting buddies present. Taylor and my cousin, Leon.

20170930_181607_zpslmoq4trg.jpg

• Like 2

It's supposed to be a great year for a tag but so far I haven't been blown away. Hoping for a good rut, but worried about it not living up to the hype.

Regardless, I'm a shooter baby, so for a few days I am going to take inventory and then the carbon will fly!!!

Mission accomplished for me!

And oh, I was so wrong about it not being a great year . . .

• Like 1

Mature 6point or better but will settle for meat towards the end. I took the whole 2 weeks off it should be a good hunt!

• Like 2

Old post but this year my bull goal is to not let my 10 year old shoot one with a cow tag.

• Like 2

Yeah this is a 2017 season post but now with updates with how everyone did. Maybe well start a similar 2018 post for this year.

My 2017 early archery bull

IMG_9830.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah this is a 2017 season post but now with updates with how everyone did. Maybe well start a similar 2018 post for this year.

My 2017 early archery bullIMG_9830.jpg

Your gonna need more wall space.
  • Like 1

With having my first late rifle tag since I was about 14, Im looking forward to this hunt. The problem is, my wife will be with me and she is coming off of ankle surgery so Im not so sure what she will be able to do as far as walking etc. Either way, we're looking forward to hunting it and hoping for 500# of meat for the freezer!

IMG952471_zpsijddxmvq.jpg

20171204_084345_zpsp5g9dvs3.jpg

• Like 3

My 2017 early archery bullIMG_9830.jpg

Your gonna need more wall space.

I'm digging the "wavy" third.....

• Like 1

I will be looking for a bull that didn't die of thirst. Every waterhole in my unit is dry now so hope the rain helped a bit.