KaibabHunter

2017: What is your bull goal this year?

Good year to have a tag! My tag is a mid tier unit early archery bull hunt. Late hunt dates and 2 weeks to hunt I'm hoping for a strong rut and a big mature bull but will put meat in the freezer by the end of the hunt if necessary.

• Like 1

It's supposed to be a great year for a tag but so far I haven't been blown away. Hoping for a good rut, but worried about it not living up to the hype.

Regardless, I'm a shooter baby, so for a few days I am going to take inventory and then the carbon will fly!!!

• Like 1

MFDC6175.JPG

Brian

Take him out of the gene pool

I've seen more messed up bulls this year than any other year.

Brian

I don't have any specific target bulls but I have multiple large groups of cows scouted. With a good rut and cows in estrus I think the bulls will move in.

With having my first late rifle tag since I was about 14, Im looking forward to this hunt. The problem is, my wife will be with me and she is coming off of ankle surgery so Im not so sure what she will be able to do as far as walking etc. Either way, we're looking forward to hunting it and hoping for 500# of meat for the freezer!

Would love to kill a toad but for some reason I get trigger happy!

• Like 1

I'm setting my expectations low. If a decent bull crosses my path opening morning, he's getting an arrow. I put too much pressure on myself on my last two elk tags. Came home empty.

I'm going to enjoy this hunt!

• Like 4

Got my first AZ elk tag this year after moving here a couple years ago. Late rifle bull for a mid tier unit. Putting more effort into this hunt than any one I've ever had and hoping to take a bull bigger than I have before (smallish 6x6). I've never held a particularly good tag before. I think I'll hold out for a mature one throughout the hunt, but frankly being from Colorado, a 280 bull is huge to me. Anything north of that and I would be the happiest hunter alive!