Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Interesting Big Game Ranch?

attachicon.gifIMG_0527.PNGKinda curious how this will all play out, 2.1 miles doesn't seem like very much to me but maybe that is typo???Lots of questions?????

2.1 miles squared =1345 acres

Interesting.

Does anyone know if this is this the first of it's kind (high fence) in AZ? Or are there other operations? Curious....

S.

It says there is two point one miles of little Colorado Canyons. I don't see a square mileage figure for the ranch. I had an NM Antelope tag on a public land Ranch and was confined to 100 square miles. It felt pretty small.

With it being primarily pigs, sheep, and goats as opposed to the typical ungulates that are associated with "high fence" hunting, I can't imagine it will draw too much negative attention.

It looks like its south of Holbrook from the pictures. I did a quick search and found Blue Rooster Ranch in central Az. I'm calling bs.

It says there is two point one miles of little Colorado Canyons. I don't see a square mileage figure for the ranch. I had an NM Antelope tag on a public land Ranch and was confined to 100 square miles. It felt pretty small.[/quote

It says "Over 2.1 miles of Little Colorado canyons big expansive pastures, and amazing habitat..." Ok, grammar ain't his strong suit, maybe left ambiguous for a reason?

Interpret that anyway you like.

Land is measured in square feet.

Square is part of an equation not necessarily the shape of the land.

In any event, a canned hunt on a small parcel, oh boy.

• Like 1

Just south of Woodruff. Parcel # 110-09-001S, Navajo County, 519.24 acres. Not my cup of tea, but best of luck to the guy in his endeavors.

• Like 2

Just south of Woodruff. Parcel # 110-09-001S, Navajo County, 519.24 acres. Not my cup of tea, but best of luck to the guy in his endeavors.

Long and narrow wouldn't even qualify for 1 landowner tag in UT or NM

To put it in perspective (cuz I'm bored), if the property is 519.4 acres and 2.1 miles long, it would average 2040.5' wide. I'm done.

It's a square-ish chunk of land. Not sure where he came up with 2.1 miles worth of river, unless they have leased land from neighbors, which is entirely possible, and beyond my researching skills while on break at work.

519.4 Acres? that's not even a section. To me that would feel like it was bring your rifle to the zoo day.

• Like 1

I thought there was a place like this in casa grande and another one west of flag around i40 some where but I could be wrong.

When I was 17 I hunted the the big horn canyon ranch in California and I believe it was 1000 acres. It seemed very small to me then and I think I walked about the whole thing in less than half a day. Looking back I wouldn't do it again.

But, I think it would be great for kids though to go shoot a hog before they are 10 and allowed to hunt big game in arizona. I don't have any kids yet but it's definitely something I would do with them before they can start hunting arizona big game.

I was just talking to my cousin last week about taking his 7 year old daughter to California to shoot a hog.

Great group of people trying to do this and I guess because I have never been on any kind of a guided hunt or paid anybody cept G$F for the privilege of hunting anywhere!

I guess I was just puzzled by the amount of room being allocated to hunt something thinking that it would be like shooting something at a large zoo.

I do hope they can pull their dream together and it works out for them, interesting concept!

I know some may differ in their opinions, but it sounds like fun to me! The ranch may be smaller than most ranches in Texas, but it's about the same price and a LOT closer! I will go!

• Like 2