Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Anyone use their phone to check cam pics?

I havent tried just because I usually have way too many pics on cards. I just switch cards and usually leave area and onto the next cam.

I have heard you can view them then select the ones you want and download those to your device.

• Like 2

You can scroll through them and save the ones you want g

I have heard you can view them then select the ones you want and download those to your device.

interesting.

Yeah, you scroll through and save what you want. I have the "boneview". Seems to work pretty good but the pics load a lot slower than on a computer. Good for looking at maybe a couple hundred pics but not for when you're sorting through thousands of photos

• Like 2

I think it depends on the reader or maybe the app used...older ones I know would download all of them to the phone. I quit using one because of that. Now I think the newer ones allow scrolling without downloading them all.

Yeah, you scroll through and save what you want. I have the "boneview". Seems to work pretty good but the pics load a lot slower than on a computer. Good for looking at maybe a couple hundred pics but not for when you're sorting through thousands of photos

Ever used one of them viewers like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WHTQHCC/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504128293&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=trail+camera+viewer&dpPl=1&dpID=51vqQne8rsL&ref=plSrch

Are they any faster

Is that on an iPhone? I've bought 2 different adapters now. One would save all my photos to the phone the other wouldn't work at all. I looked at the one the Apple Store sells but they couldn't give me a straight answer if I could view before saving so I didn't buy it.

I use my phone exclusively. I use SD cards with micro adapters that I used to mount into the phone but lately, I found an even easier way.

My Samsung came with one of these, https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-OTG-USB-Connector-White/dp/B01G00TWRK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504128099&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+micro+USB+adapter. Then, I recently bought another that doesn't leave my pack.

95% of trail cameras have either a mini or micro USB port. Plug in the appropriate cord with the adapter above, a "new SD detected" notification pops up, and you can quickly move or copy the pictures onto your Phone's internal memory, or onto your Phone's mounted SD card.

Some cameras take longer than others, in my experience from 100-500 pictures/minute. Pretty darn quick and it keeps the SD cards clean. To add to what was said earlier, loading and viewing is extremely slow until they are copied over to the phone, then they are instantaneous.

Ever used one of them viewers like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WHTQHCC/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504128293&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=trail+camera+viewer&dpPl=1&dpID=51vqQne8rsL&ref=plSrch

Are they any faster

No, i've never used one of those. I don't think you can save or delete photos with those

Is that on an iPhone? I've bought 2 different adapters now. One would save all my photos to the phone the other wouldn't work at all. I looked at the one the Apple Store sells but they couldn't give me a straight answer if I could view before saving so I didn't buy it.

I use the apple iphone SD card adapter and it work great. It will allow you to save the pictures to the phone and delete them from the SD card.

I use the apple iphone SD card adapter and it work great. It will allow you to save the pictures to the phone and delete them from the SD card.

Do you have to save the entire card to your phone to before viewing them?

Ever used one of them viewers like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WHTQHCC/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1504128293&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=trail+camera+viewer&dpPl=1&dpID=51vqQne8rsL&ref=plSrch

Are they any faster

Just get the Stealth cam one that plugs into your phone, guarantee it's not $60, loads the pictures in seconds

It's $15

Stealth Cam IOS SD Card Reader https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B7V995M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_pi1PzbEES616K

Do you have to save the entire card to your phone to before viewing them?

You can view them before saving but they are pretty small. I always just download all the pictures to the phone, save what I want then delete the rest.