Sign in to follow this  
brademan76

Volunteer Game Deputies

I finally had my first encounter with a game warden in Unit 9.. He was cool though he just rolled into Elk camp and asked " so who has the tag?" I said "me" and then went to my back pack to get my tag and hunting license. He gave them a quick glance and told us "good luck "

• Like 1

I finally had my first encounter with a game warden in Unit 9.. He was cool though he just rolled into Elk camp and asked " so who has the tag?" I said "me" and then went to my back pack to get my tag and hunting license. He gave them a quick glance and told us "good luck "

Sounds like a real power-hungry, bullied, jerk. Sorry for your experience.

• Like 2

I think it's a good idea. They gave power to guys to help get caught up on the G&F field days so why not. Maybe not have 10 guys trained to be on lookout as much as a few guys per unit that can respond to calls called in by other hunters. Advertise it like operation game thief where you can call in on violations that these guys can follow up on rather than just giving random hunters authority that could be abused.

Got a buddy that's a AZ Ranger and it's all volunteer and they are all sworn in. I don't see how something like this couldn't work.

Sounds like a real power-hungry, bullied, jerk. Sorry for your experience.

The ones that are mean are probably the ones that are in those units like 6A where all sorts of shenanigans happen. They probably deal with stupidity every day of the year. Nothing against 6A its just you hear the horror stories every season ...

Sort of what we have in our HOW line. See a violation, call it in. Eyes and ears all over the place.

I've called the game thief hotline for illegal hunting on my property and it's a joke. They showed up 6 hours later. Hunters were long gone. They weren't even interested in what was going on.

I've called it and they showed right up.

Same here, in a not easy to get to place on an OTC hunt.

Volunteer Deputies, no thanks.

• Like 1

You already have a bunch of picked on high school kids as game wardens could you imagine the power trip some of these "wannabe" game and fish guys would be on?

Weird all the picked on kids I knew in school turned into internet trolls.

• Like 2

Sort of what we have in our HOW line. See a violation, call it in. Eyes and ears all over the place.

I've called the game thief hotline for illegal hunting on my property and it's a joke. They showed up 6 hours later. Hunters were long gone. They weren't even interested in what was going on.
Why not call the sheriff in that situation? Their unauthorized presence on your property constitute trespass which is a situation the sheriff's deputie is prepared to deal with. In many cases game and fish only has one officer per unit. They simply can't be there immediately when you call.
  • Like 1

Why not call the sheriff in that situation?
This lmao

You already have a bunch of picked on high school kids as game wardens could you imagine the power trip some of these "wannabe" game and fish guys would be on?

Weird all the picked on kids I knew in school turned into internet trolls.
didn't know you had a hard high school life bud. Sorry to hear that. How's that elk hunt coming along? Didnt waste 12 points did You? Would be a shame to not kill a nice bull after a wait like that.