I have been scouting 6A for them grey ghost. I shot one two years ago just north of apache maid look out. This year I have had cams up most of the year with no deer on them. I have ran into one doe on the look out rd to apache maid. If any one would like to help point me in a better direction. I would like to stay in the same area because i have a elk hunt comeing up.

Thank you.

I don't have too much personal knowledge of 6A for coues, but there was another thread here very recently with this exact question. Maybe do a search in the forums here, and you might get some info.

Good luck!!!

S.

• Like 1

Go south of Apache Maid til you come to a big ditch...look there

Jack i was just looking at my maps and you and i were thinking the same thing.

Go south of Apache Maid til you come to a big ditch...look there

I have hunted that area and only saw one Coues. Not saying the're not in there but if you do decide to go buy a lion tag.

• Like 1

Find canyons find Coues. Or the pine trees next to canyons. Can't look too low in the unit either.

• Like 1

Ive put in some hours glassing around stoneman and up 260 few spots where i have seen deer but just elk so far starting to get nervous lol but i have 3 availiable days before starts to burn up some mountain sides in the binos.

• Like 1

I just came back from a quick overnight trip in 6a. I Went a few canyons up from a canyon that I've seen coues in before and got skunked! Not a single deer! Hiked a good amount too and couldn't even find any sign. Everything seemed perfect...but idk. I have the 2nd hunt. I'll be heading back again next weekend

I've had the late 6A hunt twice and struck out both times. The first time I didn't see any bucks and the second I missed the thickest antlered 2 by 3 I've ever seen. A local in camp verde supposedly killed it the next week and by the time he got to it a lion was on it. Dunno if he killed that too it's been about 15 years. Both times the deer were hard to find and I haven't applied for that hunt since.

I was out this weekend scouting for my wife's November WT hunt. I went into an area I have seen bucks be it from trail cams bino's or ones that I have been blessed to kill. I ended up glassing 4 does with fawns and 2 separate does after a few hours of glassing. The country is great but scarce with water.

• Like 2