goinhuntn

Late rifle who's getting ready?

My dad has the late rifle hunt Dec 1. can't wait to get out & help him find a good bull. Weather has been pretty warm & dry in his unit, I think hunt is going to be

tougher than years past!! We are still going to have a great time regardless of the outcome!! We are heading over 3 days before the season & staying until he tags out

or the season ends. Good luck to all with tags!!!

• Like 1

Kids are shooting great!!! And mom.is spot on four our cow elk hunt in unit 8. Can't freaking wait to go hunting.

Good luck brother! Can’t wait to hear about it...wish I could make it up there to help out.

Just got back from some long range verification with the elk rifles....anything within 1200 yards is dying.

6.5SS pushing a 150 SMK @ 3157fps into a 2.7" 3 shot at 926 yards. (Backup or coyote rifle)

.280AI pushing a 175 Berger Elite Hunter (velocity verification shows faster than I believe, but the drops don't lie) into a 3" 3 shot group @ 926. Verified drops at 545, 763, 926, 1201. (Going to try and get someone to dump a bull with this rifle)

7RM pushing a 180 Berger @ 2996, 2.5" 5 shot group @ 806, plus a bull taken @ 662 end of Sept.

.300RUM pushing a 230 Hybrid at 3068, drops confirmed at 545, 763, 926, 1201, 1435, 1565. 3 shot group @ 1435 was ~5".

• Like 4

Cooled off in payson today. Was 27 degrees when I did plant check this morning. Verified zero this morning and will check drops this week and next weekend. Good time to go through your pack and get rid of all the shoot you dont need. Elk quarters are heavy!!

• Like 2