Edge

RMEF petition

My wife gladly signed as well. I have some folks at work I've discussed this with that will sign also. Pass it along!

And thank you to the RMEF for facilitating, I know one membership I will be sure to send a payment to this year.

We're going to need everyone we know with our mindset to sign and vote.
  • Like 1

Sent yesterday. Received a response overnight:

"Thank you for your email. I have faith in the Arizona Department of Game and Fish and their ability to manage wildlife. I will not support a ballot initiative".

Sincerely,

Jeff Weninger

State Representative

Legislative District 17

• Like 1

"Thank you for your email. I have faith in the Arizona Department of Game and Fish and their ability to manage wildlife. I will not support a ballot initiative".

Sincerely,

Jeff Weninger

State Representative

Legislative District 17

Good to know the petition is getting noticed.
  • Like 1

Sincerely,

Jeff Weninger

State Representative

Legislative District 17

so far your the only one who got a response? Or have others? I have not.

Sincerely,

Jeff Weninger

State Representative

Legislative District 17

so far your the only one who got a response? Or have others? I have not.

None here

Update - Just received an email from engage@az.gov stating "my information has been received and forwarded to the Governor or appropriate staff". Appropriate Staff??? Hopefully that doesn't mean it was dropped in the garbage can.

• Like 1

I received the following moments ago...

Thank you for contacting the Governor's Office. Your information has been received and forwarded to the Governor or appropriate staff for review. If you require assistance we will be in contact with you. Any additional questions, or for further assistance please contact our office at 602-542-4331. Thank you.

Keep up the petition signing. Copy and paste the petition to your Facebook page and groups. Educate your friends, family and co-workers, etc.

• Like 1

This petition is nice and all as long as we all realize that by State Law the Representatives and Senators, nor Governor have any say in this matter through their elected posititions. We need to educate the public so this initiative never makes it on the ballot. If it does there is a good chance that we will not defeat it. We need to be getting off our butts and talking to the non-hunters who are in the middle, which is approximately 80% of the population of Arizona. Try to put it out there in a way that people uninterested in hunting take notice of this. The bottom line is we never want wildlife managed at the ballot box whether its cats or whatever else they come up with. The Governor can't do crap. We have to win this one on our own!

This petition is nice and all as long as we all realize that by State Law the Representatives and Senators, nor Governor have any say in this matter through their elected posititions. We need to educate the public so this initiative never makes it on the ballot. If it does there is a good chance that we will not defeat it. We need to be getting off our butts and talking to the non-hunters who are in the middle, which is approximately 80% of the population of Arizona. Try to put it out there in a way that people uninterested in hunting take notice of this. The bottom line is we never want wildlife managed at the ballot box whether its cats or whatever else they come up with. The Governor can't do crap. We have to win this one on our own!

Actually our state legislators can initiate ballot measures and approve an amendment to the State Constitution to be voted on by a simple majority of AZ citizens as well.

Ie; Making AZ wildlife management a science backed endeavor or managing AZs predators as a matter of public safety.

I'd rather see opposing amendments being voted on by an educated constituency than have a single initiative on the ballot groomed for ignorant liberals. So get out and educate and show up at the polls or mail the ballots in.

AZ Constitution, article 21