Sign in to follow this  
bigorange

Offroad tires for Ram 2500 diesel

Just got a new set of Cooper S/T MAXX on a 2500 Dodge work truck.

The Cooper ATP & Cooper AT/3 did not hold up well. 15-20K was all, and they were tore up from the floor up.

I have had BFG MT KM on my F250 for 11.5 years. They last about 30-35K before they tend to separate. But Discount always takes care of me. I bought the first 4, and have paid for 2 more in 11 years. DTC has bought the other 13-14 that needed replaced in 130k+. Not a bad deal.

Running Goodyear dura tracs on my Ram 3500. Over 20,000 miles of pulling tool trailers and driving in power T-line roads.

Toyo R/T. Aggressive but way more quiet than the M/T. They have a mileage warranty as well.

For the guys running nittos, are you on factory rims?

I am not. Had after market wheels on it when I bought the truck. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I am not. Had after market wheels on it when I bought the truck. Maybe that has something to do with it.
I notice a lot of the bigger diameter or wider than factory wheels on these bigger trucks. Seems to cause wear issues with these tires.
  • Like 1

I notice a lot of the bigger diameter or wider than factory wheels on these bigger trucks. Seems to cause wear issues with these tires.
Good to know. All of my tires were 2+ ounces out of balance after 2,400 Miles. Ive never seen that kind of wear before. They are a wider tire.

Yes, running on factory wheels and factory tire size.

The more I thought about it and looked at my tires after this trip I decided I'm going with the toyo at 2 again. They still look good and I beat them to death this year. That's also towing heavy a lot and major off-road miles.

So AT2 vote for me. Also thanks to all they guys that voted for them in my tire thread.

The more I thought about it and looked at my tires after this trip I decided I'm going with the toyo at 2 again. They still look good and I beat them to death this year. That's also towing heavy a lot and major off-road miles.

So AT2 vote for me. Also thanks to all they guys that voted for them in my tire thread.

Glad to see this vote of confidence for AT2...based on your previous thread, this thread, and a couple on other forums I decided to go with the AT2 as well...