jeffro

Suppressed rifles

I have them as well. Took about 10 months last year. Shooting has become much more enjoyable with them. And I enjoyed it before.

I have several as trust and were about 8 months, doing 2 now as individual and was quoted about 10 months. Bruce as mentioned is good. But if you are doing individual, any shop will do it for a small fee at the shop, take picture and prints and you are done.

I have several as trust and were about 8 months, doing 2 now as individual and was quoted about 10 months. Bruce as mentioned is good. But if you are doing individual, any shop will do it for a small fee at the shop, take picture and prints and you are done.

What is the benefit of a trust vs individual?

• Like 1

I believe in a trust all trustees can have use of the silencer, individual is just the one who it is registered to.

Trust you have family or friends on it to use or to do with after death. Individual it is just under your name only. Trust I think all parties need prints and pictures, where as individual party is you doing prints and picture at the store. There might be some other nuances, however for my situation doing the individual this time was just fine.

I could be wrong but I think without a trust if you leave the can at home and you leave and another adult is in the house they could possibly be breaking the law? Maybe it doesn't apply if it is in a safe though.

I could be wrong but I think without a trust if you leave the can at home and you leave and another adult is in the house they could possibly be breaking the law? Maybe it doesn't apply if it is in a safe though.

I'm sure it has to do with possession outside of the home.

I have 2, bought them both at the same time and took around 10 months last year. I did a trust. If done as an individual then after death it's not like it can just be inherited or passed along and from what I understand it belongs to the state or feds. With a trust you can add beneficiaries or co-trustees which can be amended at any time. In the case of a death it can be passed along to a beneficiary which in turn becomes their property, with trustees added they can have possession of it at any time by themselves.

For me it seemed like the safer bet to do a trust. Bruce at Mr. Silencer seems like a great guy. He did the engraving for my SBR.

I ordered 2 thru a trust, they are still in jail and now I am thinking I should have went individual. The wait time is 100 days less on average right now and really the trust basically allows trustees to also possess said suppressor as well. When you die, the trustees will take possession of it or if you had beneficiaries, they will be able to submit paperwork to take possession of it. They will need to go thru the same check as you and your trustees ( fingerprints, pictures and background check).

I guess I'm selfish, but i do not really care what happens to my silencer after I die. I do not see the anchor shooting suppressed weapons when I am gone, if she wants to, she can go thru the process then. Now, if they were really expensive, it would be another story. A used silencer is not the easiest thing to sell and they do not fetch a lot of money. Well, I just talked myself into ordering another without using my trust. This thread was helpful. haha

If this country would get over the fear factor, nothing scary about suppresors or sbrs, it would be easy and fast, just like buying a gun in the store today.

• Like 2

I'm sure it has to do with possession outside of the home.

Lets say if your wife or kids are at home while you are away then they can not have access to your "can'. You have to have it locked up and no one should be able to get to it in safe or whatever.

The wait varies so much. It is luck of the draw. My last set of stamps got back in 6 months 2 weeks. The ones prior 13 months. I only have one more that I am waiting for and we are up to 4 months.