Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

WTB 22 Hornet or ?

Like the title says. I have an itch i need to scratch in small calibers. Preferably Winchester, CZ or ruger. I know options are slim but trying here before gunbroker

I have that same itch. For years I looked for a left hand Hornet. Not many options out there for us. I placed an order with Cooper for the 22 K Hornet, model 38. It's a single shot bolt action and that's a first for me. I decided to go with it because it won't be a hunting rifle it'll be more of a range or prairie dog gun. I shoot single shot at both places usually. It should be ready in a month or two.

I feel the Hornet is more of a novelty than a practical rifle so consider the 218 Bee as well.

Take a look at Anschütz, they have one that I would have bought if it was left handed.

I love my Ruger 77 Hornet and my Ruger No. 1 Hornet! I'm a small caliber nut!

I have shot so much stuff with that little 77 you could fill truck beds.

No novelty in the Hornet. For a guy who knows what they are doing, some really cool results are more than possible.

218 Bee?

I would gladly take another .218 Bee, Levers!

If youre interested in 17 Rem Fireball, I have a Savage action with a brand new EABCO barrel that hasnt even been fired. Found a sweet deal on a rem 700 17 fireball haflway through my build

Thanks, but i already have a Remington 700 17 fireball

• Like 1

I have had so many 218 Bees that I can't remember where they came from or where they went :)

The one I have now I traded with a guy and got it more recently. I'm having a coyote problem and I thought it would be the answer. I haven't sighted in it yet but I came across a Ruger 77 in 17 HMR and I thought that might work better but I am still working on it. I'm in an area where I have to be careful with what I shoot.

• Like 1

I have had so many 218 Bees that I can't remember where they came from or where they went :)

The one I have now I traded with a guy and got it more recently. I'm having a coyote problem and I thought it would be the answer. I haven't sighted in it yet but I came across a Ruger 77 in 17 HMR and I thought that might work better but I am still working on it. I'm in an area where I have to be careful with what I shoot.

If that's the case will you add a suppressor?

I am trying to figure out the best way to go....my buddy keeps telling me that one of the high power air rifles is the way to go.

Well, shoot me a PM if you think about getting rid of the Bee. I have a couple nice trade pieces as well