Sign in to follow this  
cjl2010

Hunting in chihuahua

Seems like everyone hunting Mexico goes down to Sonora. Any reason chihuahua isnt very popular for coues hunts?

I might have an opportunity to get on a family members friends ranch down there. Sounds awesome until I realized Ive never heard of anybody going to chihuahua. Curious if it has something to do with violence or just the fact its a couple hours farther???

There are a few chihuahua's running around my house and they think they could tree a lion until they actually come face to face.

The first couple times I went to Mexico we hunted a ranch that was 6 hrs east of Hermosillo. It wasn't in Chihuahua but it wasn't far off. The mountain range off to the east was the border. I was with Ernesto and we killed some monsters that year.

• Like 2

the one trip I was on - we were in the mtn. range west of Chihuahua. we could see the city lights in the evening before getting off the mtn.

if you google Chihuahua outfitters for deer hunting - quite a few

• Like 1

Good question.. I've been there so many times and I've always wondered about hunting in Chihuahua. I figured it was because of the NARCO stuff. Creel, MX ( copper canyon ) has to have a lot of deer in them woods plus its beautiful.

• Like 1