Sign in to follow this  
mbiewer

Fire restrictions start 4-18-2018

Camping without a campfire isn't quite the same, but is of course mandatory during times like these, IMO. Also a big YES vote from me for closing the forest as/when deemed necessary as well.

Several years ago while on our annual dads-kids camping trip in Utah, there were fire restrictions. Initially we were all kind of taken aback by it, and were thinking how lame it would be without a campfire. We ended-up putting a Coleman lantern in the campfire ring each night though, and still did our normal guitars, jokes, games as usual. Roasted marshmallows on the gas stove next to the 'fire'. Was a great time! ;)

Pray for rain!!!

S.

That is what I like about camping......enjoy what you can and be happy!!!

Herd today on KMOG there were over 300 warnings and citations, combined for shooting and camp fires and that was the first weekend of restrictions. I have noticed all signage is in English along the highways probably not a bad idea to have it in Spanish also and lube Chinese sence no one reads it anyway. I give up my turkey tag in a minute to save the forest and never be able to hunt again. Just my opinion

Looks like another Memorial Day propane fire ring...not a bad way to do it.

I prefer my propane ring. It’s never too green or wet ,When Im ready to go to bed I can turn it off and there’s endless entertain of every persons who drives past stopping to explain to me there’s campfire restrictions.

Can we still shoot fireworks on memorial day?

. Only if you can articulate what’s being celebrated ;)