Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Stage 3 fire restrictions

Funny how pissed guys get on here when they close roads in OUR forest during hunting season, but it is ok to close the entire forest because idiots will set it on fire. Pisses me off that I can not go up north and enjoy the nice weather because idiots ruin it for all of us and most guys are ok with that on here. I know this may sound crazy, but what about just enforcing the laws that are already on the books and keeping our forests open for all to enjoy. More enforcement is the solution, not closing our forest.

There arent enough forest cops on earth to enforce that properly.

• Like 4

Funny how pissed guys get on here when they close roads in OUR forest during hunting season, but it is ok to close the entire forest because idiots will set it on fire. Pisses me off that I can not go up north and enjoy the nice weather because idiots ruin it for all of us and most guys are ok with that on here. I know this may sound crazy, but what about just enforcing the laws that are already on the books and keeping our forests open for all to enjoy. More enforcement is the solution, not closing our forest.

I dont remember any road ever being closed down during a hunt where I hunt. And if a road closes to avoid burning a forest down that's fine. While you might follow the rules it's just a proven fact that just enough people from the valley wont follow the rules so they can't chance leaving it open. Too many people that have no emotional ties to the forests up here and if it burns down they'll just pack up and go home and go to a new spot next year.
  • Like 2

So, hypothetically, if we got no rain until until October or very little, is it okay to close the forest and say you are not allowed to go on your elk hunt?

• Like 1

So, hypothetically, if we got no rain until until October or very little, is it okay to close the forest and say you are not allowed to go on your elk hunt?

Yep. And no refunds on tags or bonus points.

Is better to close the forest for a year than not have a forest to hunt in.

Yep. And no refunds on tags or bonus points.

fair enough, not the answer I figured I'd get.

The Tinder fire started even though there were restrictions already in place.

There was a fire just north of Woods Canyon lake this week. Not only did the people ignore the no campfire rule, this fire even started on a road already closed to access. So this dumbazz broke 2 restrictions just to have a campfire.

People just don't give a crap! That's why there really isn't a choice but to shut it down.

Punish those of us that are law abiding citizens by denying us access to our land over a few people that break the law.

This sounds familiar.

• Like 2

Yes it does suck that the lands are being closed becuase of a few idiots that cant follow laws. But I would gladly give up a few months of no access to have years of future access to come.

I dont remember any road ever being closed down during a hunt where I hunt. And if a road closes to avoid burning a forest down that's fine. While you might follow the rules it's just a proven fact that just enough people from the valley wont follow the rules so they can't chance leaving it open. Too many people that have no emotional ties to the forests up here and if it burns down they'll just pack up and go home and go to a new spot next year.

that feel when people from safford started the wallow fire though and a native from cibecue started the rodeo fire.

• Like 3

Nobody takes the enforcement serious when the Forest Service in the first week handed out hundreds of warnings, and when a real fire is started there is only a slap on the wrist. You don't follow the law there should be consequences

That feel when a lady from the valley started the Chediski Fire and the guys that started the wallow fire are from the Gila VALLEY according to you. A better description would have been a flatlander (anyone from south of the rim in AZ)wont follow the rules because the ones that have fires dont give a F because they can just go home and not worry about it.

• Like 1

That feel when a lady from the valley started the Chediski Fire and the guys that started the wallow fire are from the Gila VALLEY according to you. A better description would have been a flatlander (anyone from south of the rim in AZ)wont follow the rules because the ones that have fires dont give a F because they can just go home and not worry about it.

if i thought i was gonna die and the only way out was to start a signal fire id make a rager like that lady did. you said the "the valley," thats phoenix. two 500k acre fires started by small town people, just saying is all.

if i thought i was gonna die and the only way out was to start a signal fire id make a rager like that lady did. lol the gila valley? two 500k acre fires started by small town people, just saying.
Small town has nothing to do with appreciating the forest and wanting to protect it. And an Indian wanting to make a buck doesnt exactly fall under the category of someone that appreciates the forest and wants to protect it. I'd guarantee statistically most human caused fires in AZ are from people that live off the rim.
  • Like 1

you said its a proven fact that people from the "valley" dont follow the rules. i disagree and gave references, thats all. maybe some dont. but i bet theres people in heber and pinetop that dont either.

• Like 1