trphyhntr

Does everyone have their popcorn ready??

So what did him it? Showing a pic? Was deer in one unit, his story another?

Did he not have a tag? What was the evidence?

Not Kiabab, and he showed it off all over the internet.

And in Eastman's...

It will all come out in court more than likely a plea agreement. My guess is others new about this buck and had trail camera pics. He had a tag for another unit than where this buck lived. The first charge is contributing to the delinquency of a minor so probably had someone under 18 with him. Then there are two counts of having illegal game. There was enough evidence to get a warrant so get more popcorn as this will take a while, might even hit page 40.

So what did him it? Showing a pic? Was deer in one unit, his story another?

Did he not have a tag? What was the evidence?

Not Kiabab, and he showed it off all over the internet.

And in Eastman's...

It will all come out in court more than likely a plea agreement. My guess is others new about this buck and had trail camera pics. He had a tag for another unit than where this buck lived. The first charge is contributing to the delinquency of a minor so probably had someone under 18 with him. Then there are two counts of having illegal game. There was enough evidence to get a warrant so get more popcorn as this will take a while, might even hit page 40.

That would be my guess as well. He popped the buck on the res, then took pics of it in an over the top likely recognizable place in an adjacent AZ GMU. Really, who pops a monster buck like that and does not go to the slightest bit of effort to position the buck for pics so there are not power lines in the background? He plastered the buck all over CW, MonsterMuleys, and Eastmans'. Someone who had been patterning or watching the buck on the res, heard about and saw the story and pics, and tipped off AZGF and USFW, and probably provided game cam or scouting pics and video to boot. Several bucks are taken as potential evidence by AZGF and USFW, along with his cell phone (since he was on FB the next day asking if anyone had a smartphone he could borrow) and who knows what else.

Sounds like the "ice cream cone buck" deal. Yeah, that monster was going to leave his ice cream, strawberries, friendly tourists, and travel miles from the interior of the GCNP to jump a fence to just see what was on the other side. And Joe Skillfulhunter just happened to be waiting with arrow knocked. Riiigggghhhhttt.

• Like 2

Don't know these guys and won't bad mouth them but all the mule deer ice killed with a bow hit like that was a dang blood bath! Not any blood on the ground or hide in the pictures? No aspiration from the mouth? Kindy fishy but I hope its legit. If so nice buck. If not shame on you.

If any crime was committed on the Res, it's the Feds that get to play. Get jail time for a DUI on the Res, you go to Federal Prison.

Was all of his property returned? If not, I'll bet he's not happy yet.

• Like 1

Who said anything about the Rez?

That could be where it killed it at.

From the way the judges ruling looks it sounds like it was killed right under those power lines in the picture.