trphyhntr

Does everyone have their popcorn ready??

They only dismissed count 1 Contributing/ Delinquency of a minor. All the game charges haven't been dismissed. Wait and see what happens.

Ok, back on again.

They were all dismissed. Game violations are under a different case number

Crap! Can't think of a good meme for this!

Here is what I am reading and from my personal knowledge of the law. Now this is on NM law and not AZ law, I am not an attorney but my wife is for 20 years, (she has given me no advice on this case.) so I have a good layman knowledge of how the courts work. The case was filed on 6/1/18 and the motion to dismiss was 6/5/18. Here is what I am betting. A law enforcement officer can only file in Magistrate court or Municipal court here, then it is up to the District Attorney to move to District Court or keep it in Magistrate Court. Most of the Municipal cases are officer prosecute cases.

The officer filed the charges and served the search warrant. Then the District Attorney reviewed the case. Since time starts running when the charges are filed the DA could dismiss the charges and refile them later or take it to the Grand Jury. We still have those here in NM. The other option the DA has is to file a Nolle Pros which means they choose not to pursue the case at that time but could in the future with new evidence. Since there was only 4 days between the filing and the dismissal, the defense attorney would not have had the discovery by then, I bet the DA dismissed without prejudice and can refile the case. Usually our cases are dismissed without prejudice so until I can see the motion and order I can't say if it was dismissed with or without prejudice. They might have done that to allow another jurisdiction the ability to prosecute and not run into time issues with speedy trial. They also could have done that to allow more time to put the case together and not have a time issue with discovery.

So everybody that thinks it was outright dismissed and won't be refiled or those that have convicted him, wait to see what happens in the courts. My wife, who was a prosecutor for 10 years and a defense attorney for 10 year has outright dismissed cases from cops being lazy and not turning over discovery, basically bad cop no crime fighting biscuit. She has also gotten cases dismissed or had juries return not guilty verdicts.

I tend to believe that something illegal was done. Whether it will proven or not is yet to be seen.

• Like 3

So was this a witch hunt

You would have to ask the person who started this thread to answer that question.

• Like 2

They only dismissed count 1 Contributing/ Delinquency of a minor. All the game charges haven't been dismissed. Wait and see what happens.

So he is guilty again. Lol

If not he still has the game and fish side.

I don't think G&F has anything more it can do in regards to the DISMISSED state charges. They can't punish someone if they haven't been found guilty of a violation.

That could all change if USF&W filed federal charges, however. They would likely mete out the criminal fines, etc. and G&F might still be able squeeze out the civil punishment, i.e. Sampson rule and license suspension.

Game and Fish does not need a conviction to impose civil penalties. Ask the DB Gray Light about his experience with that.

• Like 1

I don't think G&F has anything more it can do in regards to the DISMISSED state charges. They can't punish someone if they haven't been found guilty of a violation.

That could all change if USF&W filed federal charges, however. They would likely mete out the criminal fines, etc. and G&F might still be able squeeze out the civil punishment, i.e. Sampson rule and license suspension.

Game and Fish does not need a conviction to impose civil penalties. Ask the DB Gray Light about his experience with that.
WRONG ! AZGFD think they can impose civil penalties ! Do some research on this and get back to me ! Gray light has not paid a dime to the azgfd and still has a license . While AZGFD will try to impose a civil penalties its no different than me trying to get money from you for you being a complete tool . What it boils down to is they are not a court . Dont pay a speeding ticket you lose your drivers lic . Why because the court has the right to do that . AZGFD has went to the legislature to try to gain the authority to do this . Guess what didnt happen .
  • Like 1

WRONG ! AZGFD think they can impose civil penalties ! Do some research on this and get back to me ! Gray light has not paid a dime to the azgfd and still has a license . While AZGFD will try to impose a civil penalties its no different than me trying to get money from you for you being a complete tool . What it boils down to is they are not a court . Dont pay a speeding ticket you lose your drivers lic . Why because the court has the right to do that . AZGFD has went to the legislature to try to gain the authority to do this . Guess what didnt happen .
The determination of criminal charges has no impact on the ability to carry out civil proceeding and penalties. It says so in the statute.

ARS 17-314©:

"The pendency or determination of an action to enforce the civil penalty or for payment of the civil penalty or a judgment, or the pendency or determination of a criminal prosecution for the same taking, wounding, killing or possession, is not a bar to the other, nor does either affect the right of seizure under any other provision of the laws relating to game and fish."

Also, Gray Light didn't get a revocation. He got a fine. Is he still buying licenses in Arizona without having paid the fine yet? Doubt it.

• Like 1

The determination of criminal charges has no impact on the ability to carry out civil proceeding and penalties. It says so in the statute.

ARS 17-314©:

"The pendency or determination of an action to enforce the civil penalty or for payment of the civil penalty or a judgment, or the pendency or determination of a criminal prosecution for the same taking, wounding, killing or possession, is not a bar to the other, nor does either affect the right of seizure under any other provision of the laws relating to game and fish."

Also, Gray Light didn't get a revocation. He got a fine. Is he still buying licenses in Arizona wihtout having paid the fine yet? Doubt it.

Do more research son ! I promise you will see the light !

Rumor on the street is a phone call was made and the judge dismissed the case because of being golfing buddies with 777's dad or something. District attorney is trying to move the case to a higher judicial branch. Sounds like 777 tried having his daddy get him out of it. Too bad NoBull350 has disappeared to clarify what the truth is. I can't wait to learn the truth about this case. Hopefully someone on here goes to the court case so we have an accurate description of what the truth is and not just the Owen's brothers side.

• Like 2

Rumor on the street is a phone call was made and the judge dismissed the case because of being golfing buddies with 777's dad or something. District attorney is trying to move the case to a higher judicial branch. Sounds like 777 tried having his daddy get him out of it. Too bad NoBull350 has disappeared to clarify what the truth is. I can't wait to learn the truth about this case. Hopefully someone on here goes to the court case so we have an accurate description of what the truth is and not just the Owen's brothers side.

You sir are a complete idiot !

So a judge signed a search warrant and then another judge that is a family friend dismissed the charges?

My guess is this ends up at a higher court level. Ironically that could make it harder on 777 because the next judge might not be so forgiving. Probably should have taken the slap on the wrist from the judge he knew

• Like 3

So a judge signed a search warrant and then another judge that is a family friend dismissed the charges?

My guess is this ends up at a higher court level. Ironically that could make it harder on 777 because the next judge might not be so forgiving. Probably should have taken the slap on the wrist from the judge he knew

Omg you people truly amaze me . It blows my mind that your hatered for bc777 will allow you to lose total control over any logical judgment . . Azgfd Had a personal vendetta against bc777 that turned into a witch hunt . This case was never intended to see a day in court and it will never see a day in court ! AZGFD has its own ideas of justice !