Jay,

Your deer, by far, is the most beautiful typical coues I've ever seen. I absolutely love the long eye guards. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your write up was great to read, thanks for sharing the story. It's all down hill from here.

Carl Pugliese

Carl,

Thanks for your kinds words. Kind of funny your comment about being "all down here from here". I was feeling pretty good even before getting lucky on the 142 buck (unofficial). I was lucky enough to harvest a 108 gross (107 net) coues buck in AZ's October '07 hunt.

Then, once I got the 142 in mid-DEC I was totally thinking it's downhill for sure after this buck. But lightening struck three times....I harvested an unique Sonoran mule deer three weeks later with a 565 yard shot on the final day of an eight day combo hunt. I missed a 120+ coues on the same hunt. The mule deer is a thick, 5x5 with double crowns on it's G2's. Looks like a New Zealand red stag. Not sure what he scores yet. Pics are below....

Now, it is really down hill...Take care, Jay

post-2342-1200405637_thumb.jpg

post-2342-1200405807_thumb.jpg

You've had an Amazing 6 months run!!! Congrats on all of those bucks!!!! That is gunna be quite the Taxi bill!!! :blink:

WHAT A WOPPER !!!! :o '' I WANT ONE '' :huh:

But lightening struck three times....

Jay,

Is anyone gonna start calling you Lee Trevino? Phantastic string of bucks. Congrats.

Doug~RR

Giggity giggity drooooooooooool........... Give us some measurements on that HOG!!!!

WOW! what a great buck, and an awesome shot. I have to back up the endorsement for the scopes with the target turrets, no more "hold over" or guessing, it makes for a lot better shooting and increases (with lots of practice) your long range abilities.

That things so dang big he dont even look real! holy cow!

Like what someone else said, even the buck of my dreams aint that big!

Did you feel undergunned with that 257?! Id be afraid that big old boy would get pissed and want to run me down and gore me! I would want a 458 lott for something like that! Nicely done!