Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Bear hide project

A few years ago I harvested a bear in Canada. I decided not to mount the bear and didn't want a rug. Therefore I wasn't sure what to do with the hide. After a lot of thought I came up with a unique idea.

I cut out the thickest portion of the hide and the legs and stapled them to a piece of plywood. I built a 2x4 frame to place surround the hide. I added a picture and the project was complete.

My wife initially hated the idea, but after seeing it she loved it! I think it looks really cool. I'm planning on doing a similar project with Javelina and deer hide.

post-1205-0-21866000-1529284402_thumb.jpg

post-1205-0-70012900-1529284496_thumb.jpg

post-1205-0-15326200-1529284528_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

I like to lay naked on my rug and surprise the wife. You dont know what your missing out on.

TMI

• Like 1

I like to lay naked on my rug and surprise the wife. You dont know what your missing out on.

TMI

Youll be fine

I do that to my wife on just about any substrate you could imagine. Floor, truck, toilet, kitchen island. Anything works as long as she pukes in her mouth just a little.

• Like 2